Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Thanks

Recently, I got a chance to play just for fun (no DT project allowed!) and worked on using up some scraps.  This is what I created:
 In my last post, I showed the veggie themed creations, so today, I'm showing the strawberry cards.  It all started because I had this little bit of strawberry patterned paper and I found the perfect sketch on Cardz TV that would allow me to turn the little bit into a focal statement.  Here's the first one:
 I stamped the strawberry image several times to create my own background, then colored them with colored pencils.  I didn't want them to be too bold and dark, but in hindsight, I probably should have used markers to match the depth of the card stock and paper.
After making the first, I still had enough of the strawberry paper left to create a second one.  But I didn't have any big enough pieces left of the green cross hatch paper, so I used the same sketch, but made it a bit different.
I used an embossing folder for the background this time and added a bow and two little gems on the flourishes around "thanks".  Ah . . . it feels so good to use up those scraps!  I've had them forever!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Strawberries"; Verve "Surely Goodness" thanks
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle
Card 2: sizzix embossing folder

Challenges:
Card: 1
Incy Wincy--thank you
Simon Says Stamp Monday--make your own background
Cute Card Thursday #467--anything goes
Crafting with an Attitude--anything goes
Curtain Call--green

Cardz TV #3--thank you with a Cardz TV sketch (I used #17)


Card 2:
A Bit More Time to Craft #29--anything goes
Fussy & Fancy #182--anything goes
Brown Sugar #240--anything goes


5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a very clever way to use your scraps! These are all really brilliant designs! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Barbara said...

Wonderful collection of cards and tags! So clever the way you use scraps of paper! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Nicola Gold said...

A wonderful set. I love the card layouts. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' March 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards and tags!

Unknown said...

Lovely tags just and cards
Thanks for joining incy wincy
Lynne