Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Sledding Birds

Well, here it is the middle of March, and boy did it come in like a lion!!  I thought spring was here for sure, but this past Friday, we got about 4 inches of snow and we've had chilly low temps to go along with it and then we got all geared up for the "big" winter storm that is hitting much of the Northeastern U.S.  We did get about another 4 inches or so, but now it's turned to rain and it's just creating a bit bunch of slush.  It might turn back to rain again later, so we'll see how it turns out.  But it's a great reminder to keep making those Christmas cards!  So, here I am with my mid-month inspiration for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.  As always, it is a month-long, anything (Christmas-related) goes challenge.  And here is my card:
With St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, I decided to get in the spirit and use a green theme.  Plus, I had these fabulous patterned papers laying around on my desk as part of the "scrap pile" I'm trying to use up.  I even found a clear button and adhered some of the patterned paper to it to continue the theme.  I used my white gel pen to create the dots on the largest bird's hat and use my marker to create the "plaid" or checks on the smallest bird's hat.  I made these cute little guys into robins since I was already for spring.  I haven't seen any yet, but if they are here, this is definitely what they would be doing today!

Supplies:
Stamps: High Hopes freebie digi (to use in their challenge)
PIT "Fab Flakes"
Dies: PTI "Fancy Flakes"

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #294--Luck o' the irish (use green)
Brown Sugar #241--buttons or brads
Come And Get It--things with wings
Di's Digis--Lots of green
Sweet Stampin'--anything but birthday
Hiding in my Craft Room #292--super scraps
Cut it Up #117--think green
CAS-ual Fridays #169--off the edge (my snowflake is hanging off the edge)
Crafty Catz #169--mainly green
Crimbo Crackers #128--die cuts
Little Miss Muffet #158--anything goes
Power Poppy--go green
High Hopes--anything goes with High Hopes Stamps
Pattie's Creations --image with wings
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #19--go green
ABC Christmas--E is for Edge, F is for Family (snowflake off the edge and a family of birds)
YNS #59--sketch

Cutie Pie Challenge #109--dies & digis

17 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hazel said...

Thank you for your lovely design inspiration for CHNC challenge extra for March mid-month. x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Really refreshing to see a non-St. Patrick's Day card, and yours is a cutie! Such an adorable bird family. You know, the family that plays together stays together! :)

Thanks for joining us for our Think Green challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

carol said...

super christmas card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x Carol

Donna Rudy said...

Love all the details on this fun card! The polka dot and plaid/checked hat are totally adorable. Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at High Hopes Rubber Stamps.

Sammy said...

this is super cute! And well done on keeping up with the Christmas cards. I've just put all my Christmas stuff away upstairs today, as I have no space to keep it down here. But I should hopefully have a craft room by the summer, so I've promised myself I'll get back to making them then!
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Nathalie said...

So pretty! I love papers. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Stacy Morgan said...

Hee hee Now don't they look all snuggly and cute. Fun image, perfect papers for the challenge and the snowflakes are cool in green. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Milka Gubo said...

Oh how cute!! :o) Thank you so much for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :o)
Milka GDT

AO Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Those snowflakes look so fab and effective! Thanks so much for sharing at Dis Digis!
Lucy x

Barbara Washburn said...

I live in sunny Florida so all winter is long gone for us. But that's a cute image and great card even though I can't imagine doing Christmas cards yet, ha! Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

Cheri Burry said...

Super cute card! You're so smart to get a head start on your Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us over at High Hopes!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Image with Wings' Challenge #132!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Nat said...

super cute design, Ive been wanting to create a design with this stamp. Love this!! :) Thanks for playing along over at High Hopes Stamps! :) Natalie DT

Carissa said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa :)

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies, hugs, Shona xx