Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Owl-ways

Hi, everyone!  Welcome to March!!  It's time for another challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog team!  This month, it's an easy one: Anything Goes and our three awesome sponsors are:

Sheep Ski Designs

Limited Runs Stamps

I was given this sweet little owl to work with.  He came with a sentiment that will be perfect for Valentine's Day or an anniversary, but as I didn't have a need for either of those kinds of cards, I didn't end up using it.  This card is quite a bit more "artsy" than my normal creations, but I think it turned out pretty cute!
I started out by deciding I wanted to use the current sketch from Your Next Stamp.  I discovered that I had two blue pieces of patterned paper in my scrap stash that were the perfect size and shape to fit the sketch (I only trimmed a tiny bit off the end of the longer scrap).  Then a little scene started to take shape in my mind.  I scribbled some turquoise and lime gelatos on a piece of water color paper and then blended them with a baby wipe to get a fun water colored look.  I stamped the tree image which I got for my birthday (in September) and hadn't used yet, then fussy cut it out.  The small blue square was perfect to house my sun die cut and I die cut a strip of grass from a scrap of water colored paper colored with the same lime gelato and then added it to the bottom of the tree.  This card is a bit larger than my normal ones as well; 5X7 so I could fit the tree onto the sketch.  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this month, I love seeing what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Limited Runs Stamps "Owl-ways" digi; Verve "Take Note" sentiments;  Fiskars "Build-a-tree"
Dies: MFT sun die; Sweet n' Sassy Stamps grass die

Challenges:
Sweet Stampers #4--add a sentiment
Di's Digis--use die cuts and/or punches
Brown Sugar #239--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #174--animals
Southern Girls #154--inspired by nature
Cuttlebug Mania--It's a zoo out there
YNS # 58--sketch


Creative Fingers #125--anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown #332--things with wings




11 comments:

Shuly said...

oh the cuuuuutest little thing!!! oh i love owls and this one is makes me feel so in love!!! you did a great job with the background, it's soft and well balanced, very sweet!

Kuni said...

Another wonderful card with a sweet image.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stamper Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card Heather! I love the adorable owl and your background!
Hugs, Sherry x

Creative world said...

Beautiful card and lovely coloring too...thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge
Zeljka DTxx

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello Heather
Beautiful card and a super cute image! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
Hugs Marlene

Angela said...

Your card looks really beautiful and the iamge is so great.
Thanks a lot for joining us at our add a sentiment challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT

kareN stampZ said...

what a cutie I always love Owls they are so adorable, thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls

Leslie said...

Your card couldn't be any cuter! Love that owl - you picked a great image to play with! Thanks for all you do on the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT! Your work is amazing!

Deborah said...

What a cute card. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Di's Digi Designs. We would love to see you again soon.
Deborah A

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute owl,great Gelato background and love the dies
Carol x

Irena Stefanova said...

Oh what a cute card you have made Heather! Nice work.
hugs
Irena