Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Cheerful Friend

Years and years ago, I received a big batch of card bases from someone who had gotten out of card making.  A lot of them were just plain, basic A2 or square bases, but some of them were pre-cut like these heart ones.  I've been at a loss as to what to do with them.  But I found them again a while ago (unfortunately, not before Valentine's Day!) and since I am trying really hard to use up some scraps I have lying around, I thought now was the perfect time to use them.  I also had this batch of decorative brads which include some with banners already attached.  As they had the same shades as the paper scraps, I put them to work, too.  And I really like how it all turned out.  For this first one, I also had a bit of turquoise mesh that was lying around, but was really too small to do much with.  I adhered it behind the heart cut outs and then layered squares of the patterned paper behind.  It's very subtle, but it gives a great textural element.  I added the banner to the top and stamped the sentiment at the bottom.  It needed something else, so I stamped the flourish with a pale pink.
 The colors on this one are a little brighter.   I had used up all the mesh on the first, but other than that, this card is pretty similar.  For this card, I made my own banner to go with one of the brads from the collection.  It looks just as good to me!
 And here is the third card.  I created the ombre on "grace" by sponging ink on a piece of scrap white card, then I die cut it.  I also die cut it out of plain white paper 3 (possibly 4) times and layered them all together to add some awesome dimension!
I'm sending this one to a couple in our church that seem to have all sorts of difficulties in their life.  I hope it will be an encouragement to them.  Since it is a square card, I had to make my own envelope and decided to decorate the outside to go along with the card.
I used an extra special PTI stamp on the envelope: my address stamp is one I won during their anniversary celebration a couple years ago.

CARD 1:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Text Objects" sentiment; Clear Dollar Stamps Flourish

Challenges:
Sweet Stampin--anything but birthday
CAS-ual Fridays #169--off the edge (I stamped the flourish stamp off the edge of the card)
Crafty Creations #336--anything goes
Crafty Gals #115--polka dots and/or stripes (there are dots in the brown paper and stripes in the second paper)
The Paper Shelter #284--circles/dots and/or stripes
Tuesday Throwdown #333--thinking of you


CARD 2:
Stamps: PTI "Inspired: Grace"; Clear Dollar Stamps Flourish

Challenges:
Hiding in My Craft Room #292--super scraps
Penny's Challenges #319--anything goes
Cardz TV #4--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Word Art Wednesday #272--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

CARD 3:
Stamps: PTI "Inspired: Grace" sentiment; Verve "Better Together" distressed dots
Dies: PTI "Inspired: Grace"

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #240--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--3 patterned papers
PaperTrey Ink--create a card & matching envelope and SEND it (mine went in the mail this morning)
A Bit More Time To Craft #39--anything goes
Time Out Challenge--love and/or friendship with the option of spotlight stamping (I spotlighted the "grace" by using a different color for it to make it stand out more)


9 comments:

Arlene said...

You were the winner at Die Cut Divas for February. $25 gift certificate. Please email us at thedcdivas@gmail.com to claim your prize. I'd hate to see if go to waste.

Arlene

Maria Valente said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Penny's challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Chris said...

Beautiful cards, lovely designs (and so thoughtful!) Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Isobel said...

Crafting by Designs

Thanks for joining us here at Crafting by Designs good luck in the challenge 😁

Lena said...

Lovely cards!! Cool design.. thanks for joining us at TPS this week! Good Luck! Hug Lena

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Lovely set of cards. I am a big fan of digging into your stash and using things you've had for a while. Thanks for sharing at TIme Out.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

Lynn said...

These are all fabulous. Especially love the flourish you stamped!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Catie Cuddles said...

Great idea.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. I'm a bit late popping round everyone's blog this month... but at least it is still March!
Happy crafting!
Catherine (DT) x