Sunday, October 29, 2023

Cat Christmas

 As so often happens, I found a super fun sketch that I just needed to play along with and create a card using it.  Here is my card:

I've been having so much fun using up scraps on the most recent Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge sketches that I had to continue on and use some more.  I went looking through a pack of Christmas papers I have and came up with these scraps shown below:

I took the narrow strips and then cut the rest of the papers into strips the same width and used them to create a panel.  As per the sketch, I cut the panel and ended up with two scrap, strip pieces that I can use on cards.  Check back on Wednesday to see the other card I made with the rest of the panel.
I stamped the sentiment and stamped, colored and fussy cut the little kitty before adding him to the card.  Finished everything off with some ribbon and some red pearls.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe"; Cardz TV "Christmas Critter Captions"

Challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground #466--anything goes using snippets












Christmas Kickstart Challenge--Christmas with a cat
ABC Christmas--U is for use it up (using some scraps, and the red ribbon and pearls I have had for a looooong time!)
Crafty Catz #656--anything goes with the optional twist: any 4 legged critter
My Favorite Things Christmas--anything Christmas goes
Jingle Belles--not a creature was stirring
Make My Monday #212--Pun/Fun sentiment

19 comments:

Dena J said...

Brilliant way to use those pretty scraps to create a new design. Adorable sentiment for that sweet cat as well. Thank you for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts this week.

Sarn said...

A very cute kitty Christmas card using up some patterned paper snippets.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. xxx

papierelle said...

A wonderful use of leftovers and a very charming card.

Brandi said...

I love when we can make something great from scraps, fabulous card and way to use up every piece possible! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Bunny said...

This is a sweet card. I think all of us can appreciate when we see someone using up their scraps especially in such a nice way. I love the name of the cat stamp. [Bunny]

Fikreta said...

Thank you for joining us at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge remembering our dear friend Janis!
Its gorgeous card!
Fiki

Heather said...

So cute, Heather - such a great cat sentiment, lol. Very fun papers, too - love the muted colors! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Ellibelle said...

Such a great sketch and wonderful card!
Ellie (hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge)
Ellibelle's Corner

Di said...

LOVE the design of this card Heather - and the kitty is adorable!

Hugs
Di xx

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a cute sketch with the bow, and I like the pretty kitty! Great use of scraps, and the sentiment is just purr-fect! Thank you so much for linking up your adorable kitty card at Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend Janis! Wishing you a wonderful day!

Becca Yahrling said...

Great mix of scraps that go so purrrfectly together. The red bow is also purrrfect! A lovely card.

mandysea said...

Thats a really cool sketch and you rocked it. Love the use of scraps (totally love using up mine!) and kitty is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

What a fab take on the sketch! I love this little kitty and have this stamp myself. Love the colour palette and the combination of papers too. Thanks for playing at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we are remembering our dear friend Janis, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

What an adorable little Christmas kitty ... great job with the sketch too ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

Suzanne H said...

I love a sketch challenge too! Love your little kitty. Thanks for joining the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Helpful Hopper Suzanne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of your scraps and such cute kitty! Fabulous design, so inspiring!

Carole J said...

Beautiful Christmas kitty card, Heather and a perfect take on the sketch!
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

Sue Jackson said...

Such a great "pun-ny" card! Meowie Christmas. Love it! This little one is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue -DT