Sunday, October 22, 2023

Fluffy Unicorn

  Hello, everyone!  Here is a mid-challenge reminder for our "It's Alive" challenge over on the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  You still have almost 2 weeks to play along with us.  We have two sponsors and the image I used today came from Polkadoodles.  Here is my card:

And, oh, boy, did I have fun with this one!!  I found a super fun sketch that let me use a whole bunch of scraps!!  Since I was using this adorable unicorn image, I wanted to use some magical paper scraps and I remembered I have this pack that has a lot of gold foiled accents.  And this pack had a lot of little scraps that were perfect for this sketch.  I pulled out a bunch of the scraps that were big enough, you can see them below:
A lot of them only needed to be trimmed a little and they were perfect!  After I colored the unicorn, I added some gold sparkle pen to the horn, wings, and strands of the tail and mane, you can see it in the photo below:
I finished the card off with some tiny gold die cut stars.

Remember, you still have almost 2 weeks to play.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Polkadoodles "I'm a Fluffy Unicorn" digi; CAS-ual Fridays "Be a Unicorn" sentiment
Dies: Stamps of Life star flip die set for the tiny stars

Challenges:
Cards Galore #116--anything goes
The Fairy and the Unicorn--anything goes with a fantasy creature
Penny's Challenge #557--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Snippets Playground #465--anything goes with snippets













Fab n' Funky #582--make it female
Lil' Red Wagon #727--patterned paper or not (it is a big YES for me!  And I specially love being able to use up patterned paper scraps!)

14 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful card Heather, your unicorn is so cute. xx

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Fantastic interpretation of the sketch! thank you for sharing you amazing creation with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. I just love the papers and the unicorn, everything is perfection!! Good luck!

Alicia

CA Scrapper said...

Love this adorable card!! Using scraps is always a plus.

Have a great week,
Leslie

Rosmarie said...

Awww, what a super cute card! The unicorn is so adorable! Brilliant use of the beautiful scraps! Rosi x

Sarn said...

Cute unicorn and a great use if snippets for the background.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in Treehouse bar for a cocktail later! X

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A cute and gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Imke said...

Super sweet card, Heather and great take using Desingnpaper. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon this week !
~Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

Heather, this is so cute!!! and I love that you used your beautiful scraps! So glad you joined us over at Little Red Wagon, Iʻm inspired!

Pat said...

Lovely card with a sweet image, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous background design using all those pretty strips of paper and the sweet unicorn image is adorable. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Di said...

Truly adorable card Heather! Strips of snippets can be gorgeous when used well - and this is a great example! Lovely.

Hugs
Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A darling card, love the paper you used and the lovely Unicorn.
Faith x

Gale said...

Beautiful card Heather! Love all the colorful strips of paper. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

Furrbster said...

Fabulous card - I love the patterned paper background.

Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz