Saturday, July 25, 2020

You are sweet!

In my previous post I posted a card using part of a sheet of patterned paper:
When I trimmed it down to fit the card base, I was left with a 2 x 5 block piece and a couple small block pieces.  I used that larger block piece as the accent panel on the card below.
 I paired it with another sheet of paper (picking up on the little bee square in the upper corner) and two scraps all from the same paper pack.  The thin strips were already cut to the right size; perfect!  To keep with the bee theme, I pulled out this adorable little bee from Your Next Stamp and colored him up.  The white circle behind the bee was in my bits and pieces stash.  After coloring the bee, I used a gold Spectrum Noir shimmer pen to color the wings.  They are so sparkly in real life, but you can only see it a little bit it the photo below.
I finished everything off with a couple white and pink sequins.  Not sure, yet, but I might use this for my niece's birthday next month.

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Sweet and Cool" bee and sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments #256--things with wings
Fab n Funky #491--use a real stamp
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs--summer colors
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #449--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Cheerful Sketches--sketch (I turned it on its side)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper

10 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh gosh, could it get any cuter?? What a sweet little image! Love the glittery wings and the fantastic background design, filled with joy and colour! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a clever idea! I like it very much and the card is absolute adorable! Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments!

creationsnz said...

Great use of the trimmings and I think I like it even better than the original. LOts of joy in this one. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

Margreet said...

Awesome card with that cute bee with its glittery wings and a great use of your scraps!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Maria Valente said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.

Billie A said...

Oh so cute. I love the little bee and choice of papers. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Crafty Sentiments, Word Art Wednesday gd)

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 15 at Gem of a Challenge!

Sheryl said...

Great card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
CRAFT DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

BDCraftsMore said...

This is such an adorable card!!! plus I love how you used up your scraps!!
This is Brian with Penny's Blog. Thank you for entering our challenge!!!

Suze said...

Great use of your left over patterned paper. Thank you for joining in the Summer Colours Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.