Monday, July 27, 2020

3-2-1 Blast-off!

My oldest nephew turned 6 this week!!  Since I had this galaxy background (made from a bunch of Distress Oxide ink mop ups and some glimmer mist) sitting on my desk, I thought a fun space card was in order.  And the way to add more fun to a card is to make it a shaker card!  The fun little star confetti pieces were a free gift with purchase from Kat Scrappiness (they have sooooo many awesome shaker elements!)  I die cut a circle for the window to the galaxy, stamped, colored and fussy cut my rocket image and stamped my sentiment.  I added the little stars in the shaker panel and popped it up with foam tape.  After adhering the rocket to the panel with foam tape, I also added some of the stars to the front of the card.
 And here is the shaker in action!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Boy Basics: Out of this World"
Dies:  Kat Scrappiness "Crafters Essentials 1" stitched circle; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #517--all occasions (birthday)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--reach for the stars
Penny's Challenge #476--anything goes
Fab n Funky #491--use a real stamp
Cardz TV #119--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #48--anything goes

7 comments:

Chris said...

Brilliant shaker card, love the rocket and those colourful stars. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love your shaker design. Your nephew is sure to love it.


Cheryl
Visit my blog - She Stamps

Lori Turner said...

Thanks for sharing your cute card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! xoxoxo

Maria Valente said...

This is awesome! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

KathyA. said...

What an ingenious card! I love everything about it! A belated thank you for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Helen said...

Great shaker card design.

Thanks for joining us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.

Helen x