Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Sympathy

A new month has arrived and that means a new challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is Anything Goes.

And here is the card I created:
I've found myself in need of several sympathy cards lately, and I don't like it!  And I actually still need to make a couple more.  I created this one, but stamping the floral image twice on the front of the card, allowing the image to go off the edges for a more interesting look.  I colored the images and added white gel pen to the berries and dotted the centers of the smaller flowers.  It gave a really cool look!  Then I die cut the panel and stamped the sentiment, finishing everything off with some sparkling clear droplets from Kat Scrappiness.  I love how they add a little bit of bling without being overpowering.  And for sympathy cards, they kind of give the feeling of dew droplets or tears.
 To dress up the inside, I stamped the sentiment and then stamped the same floral image from the outside of the card with a pale gray ink.  So easy to do, and I really think it makes such a big difference.  I just wish I remembered to do this more often!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Head on over to the LTSCB blog to see what the rest of the team has created and to get the full details of the challenge.  Then get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Blossom Sprays #1" image; Papertrey Ink "Boutique Borders: Sympathy"; Repeat Impressions "Warm Memories" inside sentiment
Dies: STAMPlorations stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania--anything goes
Use Your Stuff--free week
Your Next Stamp #142--how does your garden grow
Creative Fingers #189--anything goes
Southern Girls--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #474--anything goes

9 comments:

Donna said...

So sorry you needed sympathy cards. This one is beautiful and will bring comfort, lovely coloring.

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. It's always hard to make sympathy cards. I love this the flowers are beautiful and so glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments

Witchcrafted Life said...

Deeply elegant and heart-touchingly beautiful card.

I am sincerely sorry that you've required not merely one, but multiple sympathy cards as of late. My deepest condolences on each loss.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous one layer card, Heather! Beautiful coloring on the blooms and lovely design, especially for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Jana Forrest said...

Heather this is beautiful. I have to agree I don't like to make sympathy items. But the appreciation that you took the time to create something specials will live on much more than the card. Thanks for joining us over at Southern Girls Challenge. Take care, DT~Jana Forrest.

Saphron said...

Absolutely exquisite. I love everything about this. The clear droplets look like dew drops! The pale grey ink on the inside is genius. Love this card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Elizabeth Hart said...

A beautiful sympathy card - so lovely and thoughtful. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Swissie said...

A beautiful card!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT

Dorlene Durham said...

Yeah, these are no fun to make, but unfortunately need to be done. This is gorgeous! I love that you stamped it twice on the card front. It is beautiful! Great DT submission