Saturday, January 12, 2019

You had me at . . .

There are a couple challenges going on involving food and drink, and I really wanted to play along.  So, I created this fun hot chocolate card for my sister who is a big fan of hot chocolate.  I might include a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts so she can get herself some.
 I die cut the word "chocolate" out of dark brown cardstock three times to layer together and give some dimension. Then I covered it in glossy accents to give it a nice chocolate-y look.  You can see the gloss in the photo below.
Challenges:
Double D Challenge--It's on the menu

Try Stampin' on Tuesday #389--sketch

Crafting with Attitude #47--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes
Love to Craft Challenge Blog #30--anything goes
Creative Sketchy Girls #31--anything goes
Creative Inspiration--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Cardz TV #80--anything goes
Lil' Patch of Crafting Friends #97--anything goes
Make My Monday #87--use words or a sentiment
Crafting By Designs--food and drink
Crafty Creations #382--anything goes


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Awesome! Your sister's going to LOVE this card! I know I do! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘What’s On The Menu’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Liz said...

Super card, Heather. I love the glossy 'Chocolate'. xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Celebration Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Krafty Kaylin said...

very cute card. love how you flipped the sketch. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Heather said...

So fun - love the little cups and pretty paper! Yum! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fun sentiment and card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

Gina's Cards said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the pretty papers and layout. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

A fab card. I bet your sister will love it. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Basslady said...

a very sweet card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge !

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Wei said...

How gorgeous! Love the layout and the colors you've used for the cups. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Anonymous said...

Darling creation and so thoughtful for your sister! I love how you did the word chocolate. Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!

Rae Ann said...

The word "chocolate" looks like it was written in chocolate! You did such a great job! The background swirls are so fun!

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.