Friday, January 18, 2019

Thinking . . .

I was in need of a sympathy card this week, and as I have my bits and pieces stash spread over my desk, I took a look at what was in there.  So, I had already set off to the side the yellow flower, little pink bud, thinner peach ribbon, sheer yellow bit of ribbon and the tag; I just had to figure out a configuration for them and this is what I came up with:
All I had to do was stamp the larger pink flower and add some wider ribbon and some pearls, and I used up 5 items from the bits and pieces stash!

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Garden Treasures" flowers; Verve freebie (I think)

Challenges:
Cardz TV #81--anything goes
As You Like It--Favorite: pearls or buttons and why (I do like to use buttons sometimes, but I think almost any card can use some pearls.  They come in so many colors and sizes and, for me, add a touch of elegance)
Word Art Wednesday #370--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
MFT #420--sketch
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #291--Mixing fonts for your sentiment AND/OR sketch (I use the sentiment option)
Southern Girls--anything goes
Creative Moments #160--anything goes
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow
Crafty Calendar--make it flowery

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Altenew stamps are my fav of all of flower stamps and this is gorgeous...following you now.[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Krafty Kaylin said...

very pretty card. i love how you colored the flowers. Thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Diana Soling said...

I love, love, love this card. The simplicity of the background and the pop of those flowers are amazing together. Thanks for joining us at TSOT!!

Melanie R said...


Beautiful card! Your coloring is superb and I like the over all simplicity of the design. Thank you for joining us at the TSOT challenge.

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, I wish I could just dip into my stash and come up with such a beautiful card!!! Love the flowers, and how you used the ribbon. Of course, the mixed fonts are a perfect way to meet our TSOT challenge this week! Well done. -Donna

Fiona said...

Such a pretty card and I love the way you've used items from your stash - a great use of the ribbon too - I might CASE that idea if that's ok with you - thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Heather said...

So very pretty - and so glad there was an element of our challenge for this beautiful card! Those flowers are really splendid! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your floral stamp is gorgeous. Love the colors of this card. So sorry that you needed a sympathy card.

Hanne's Kartenstube said...

Hi, a tastefully designed card with beautiful spring-like colours. Very nice. Thank you for participating in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Many greetings
hanne

lalkygirl said...

What a pretty card , love the colours you have chosen
Thank you for joining us at Craftdeebowz and good luck with the challenge
Tracey X

Cards By Leona said...

This is a beautifully sophisticated card - so glad you shared it at Creative Moments x

Katrina Bufton said...

Gorgeous card. Love the flowers and well done on using up so many of your bits & pieces. My desk is covered in them so maybe I should have a go :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Anne said...

Really pretty card, thanks for joining in with the AYLI pearls or buttons challenge

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/