Friday, January 4, 2019

Birthday Wishes

It's the beginning of a new year, so once again, I am going to focus on trying to whittle down my bits and pieces stash.  I didn't add too much to it this year, but I also didn't do very well using it up.  So, here it is January 4th and I'm posting my first stash card of the year!
 Here we go: The large flower (made for me by my oldest daughter several years ago), the ribbon, and the little bit of pearl trim were all in the bits and pieces stash.  The large size of the flower has had me stumped for quite some time, but I found a perfect sketch for it.
I created the main panel with a Hero Arts script stamp  and some leaf images from PTI.  Then I added some die cut sprigs and scalloped borders.  The base layer was stamped with a crochet background stamp and light gray ink.  I finished the flower off with a light gray enamel dot as it seemed a little plain.

Thanks for stopping by.  I will be looking to create and post some more scrap cards soon.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts French script; PTI "Turning a New Leaf"; Verve sentiment; Our Daily Bread Designs crochet background
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; Spellbinders mini scalloped border die

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments--celebrate
Creative Sketchy #31--anything goes
Creative Inspiration--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #563--anything goes

11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the script background and perfect layout for the large flower.Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft
Carol DT x

Gina's Cards said...

This is gorgeous. Love the flower and beautiful script background. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Sharon said...

love your main image the flower.
Thanks for playing along with us at CCT. x

Rae Ann said...

My scrap basket seems to be never ending! Good luck trying to clean yours out this year. Love the paper you used for the panel and the scallops are so sweet.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Beautiful card Heather. I love a flower die. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and Happy New Year Jayne DT

Tina Z. said...

I love your idea to use your stash, I try to do the same but I am not very successful ...
This flower is so beautiful and very special.
Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

A beautiful card. Love the multiple layers. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". DT Sam x

Rae Ann said...

Love all of the gorgeous layers on the flower and the touch of glitter adds fabulous sparkle.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Celebrations challenge.

Hanne said...

Beautiful card. That flower was perfect for this sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Felling Sketchy.

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful card. I like the way have you used our sketch :-)) Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Hugs, Andreja

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Feeling Sketchy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.