Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Neighborhood Birthday

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built and this week we have a fun tic tac toe board for you:
(Unfortunately, the tic tac toe board disappeared, I will enter it here as soon as it is found)
And here is the card I created:
I used the last column: blue, dimension, ribbon/twine
The beginning of the year always inspires me to look at my bits and pieces stash and see if I can use up any of the items in it.  Maybe it's because I have a bit more time after the holidays are over, or maybe it's just the whole new year idea.  Anyway, the metro piece (actually two pieces, I just joined them together under the ribbon to make it look like one piece), ribbon and the kraft peg board piece (which is also two pieces fit together) were all in the stash.  The metro pieces have been in there for a couple years and I'm so happy to finally have found a way to use them.  For another card I created with scraps this week, you can check out my post here.  And keep an eye out for more coming soon; I have one in the works already.
Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure you check out the House blog for the full details and to see what the rest of the DT has created.  And if you "need" any of the stamps I used, check out the 10% off your entire order coupon over in my left side bar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Metro Map" and "Birthday"
Dies: MFT "Our Town" border die; Taylored Expressions peg board die
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Cardz TV #80--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #563--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Cards Galore #59--anything goes
Mojo Monday #506--sketch

8 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love it! How clever to use the map stamp. At first I thought it was a piece of pretty DP. Love the tic tac toe challenge brings out so much creativity.

Donna said...

Hard to believe you used scraps on this beauty, like all the layers and the embossed background to highlight your city scape!

Esther Asbury said...

I love all the elements you pulled together to create this awesome card! Everything goes together perfectly! (You're a genius at using scraps to create new masterpieces!)

Andree said...

A fabulous card. Great design and background.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore January Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Laurie Unger said...

I just got the metro map and can't wait to play with it. Like the way you pieced it together under the ribbon. Looks like a few of us used the same column! Great card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool take on the sketch. Love that textured background. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

Cheri said...

Love how you use those scraps, Heather! This is so full of texture and detail. Fabulous card!

Rae Ann said...

This is a great color combo and the way you used the sketch is perfect! The bright blues against the cream background really pop.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.