Friday, February 6, 2015

Turtley Awesome

My brother and his wife had a little boy in July and he is the first little boy in my life (only girls around here!) so I am going to be able to have fun creating lots of little boy cards in the coming years.  This is my first!  I know he's only 6 months old, but I still HAD to make him a Valentine's Day card to let him know how special he is! : )
 I had the sunshine in my "bits and pieces" stash and thought it would work perfectly to help create a little scene for this cute turtle.  I stamped him a second time and cut out just his head and neck to pop up with foam tape.

Challenges:
Card Mania #65--add some red
Love To Scrap Challenge #47--love is in the air
Crafting Musketeers #22--cute!
Raisin Boat--love is in the air
One Sweet Challenge--All about love
Cuttin' & Stampin' #6--masculine
Clear it Out Challenge--theme: anything goes, stash item: anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #169--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Paper Shelter #189--Be My Valentine
MFT #214--sketch

C.R.A.F.T. #297--decoupage (my turtle)
Verve February Inspiration Challenge--Vivacious Valentine

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps "Cute Critters"; Verve "To the Moon" little heart trio
Dies: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps grass die; MFT sun die; Verve "Flag It" die

14 comments:

Nikki Stalker said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Nikki

Unknown said...

You take these challenges seriously. Another great card. Thank you so much for entering our 169th AG challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Please come back really soon with you wonderful art. Blessings, Carole

Olivia1 said...

Hahaha..That sentiment made me chuckle. That turtle is so cute, Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap. Linda dt:)

iluszka said...

Very nice :) Beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania :) Good luck!!! iluszka DT

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona xx

Linda said...

Oh really a sweet card Heather. Thanks again for joining the Raisin Boat Challenge!

Unknown said...

I love turtles! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin challenge.

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just adorable! Such a cute little turtle!

Judith said...

Soadorably cute! - thank you so much for joining us at TPS challenge this week hugs judith x

Aunty Sue said...

what a fab fun card thanks so much for sharing with us at craft this week and good luck

Stephanie said...

So Sweet, thanks for playing along with us at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely and sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Susan R. Opel said...

At this point, the card was for the mom of the sweet boy, and I just bet she LOVED it, Heather! :)

Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things