Sunday, February 1, 2015

Poinsettia for You

Happy February 1st!  I'm hear with my card for the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra to inspired you to come play along this month.  As always, our sponsor is the fabulous Bugaboo Stamps and the winner will get to pick SEVEN images of their choice!!  Remember, you have all month to play along; you can link up as many times as you want and get a good jump on your Christmas card making for this year.  I used the adorable "Poinsettia Bear" from Bugaboo and I LOVE how this card turned out!  (That doesn't always happen to me, but it sure did this time.)
Not a single piece of patterned paper was used on this card; I created both patterns with good ol' stamps and inks.  I really like how the snowflake "paper" came out.  Of course, what really finished this card off is that fabulous snowflake die down the side.  It was sent to me by Gail Lass after I commented on how much I like the one she had used on one of her cards.  Wasn't that sweet?!  (You should go check out her blog, she does beautiful work!)  Anyway, I love how it adds depth and texture without covering up too much of the background.  And for my self-imposed challenge for this year, the shape the sentiment is stamped on was hanging out in my "bits and pieces" stash; another item used up!  After the card was all adhered together ('cause I've messed this step up before) I added some Stickles to the center of the poinsettia to give it some extra sparkle.

Now it's time for you to play along.  You can never start working on Christmas cards too early!

Challenges:
Digi Sketch Challenge--cute & sparkly OR the sketch (I think I managed to use both)
Crafter's Cafe #101--make your own background
The Paper Shelter #188--Layers and lots of them
Southern Girls--sparkle and shine
Creative Knockouts #74--animal antics
Winter Wonderland--lots of layers

Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps "Poinsettia Bear"; Verve "Merry and Bright" snowflakes and "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment; PTI "Distressed Stripes"; Hero Arts French Script
Dies: Spellbinders "Standard Ovals, large" and "Classic Scalloped Ovals, large"; Verve "Mini Classic Labels"; MFT "Stitched Scalloped border"




8 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for a lovely design card for our CHNC challeng extra for February, Heather. x

Colette said...

Fab card, sweet image and lovely layers, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter lots of layers challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Judith said...

Such a cute little bear! - I love this stamp abd your gorgeous die cuts, thank you so much for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So sweet, love the intricate edge die and gorgeous paper combo. Thanks for joining in our 'Christmas' Challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. We look forward to seeing more of your fabulous creativity in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Heather such a cute image the design is fabulous I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a cute image and great design.
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Oliver said...

Super cute little image and that die cut is beautiful A lovely winter card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.