Monday, February 9, 2015

Great Friends

I almost forgot I had this awesome shoe stamp set.  I'm such a shoe girl!!  The shoe and sentiment are stamped on a piece of vellum that I had sitting in my "bits and pieces" stash and I thought it was going to be tricky to use up due to it's shape.  But when I saw the sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas I knew it was THE perfect shape!  So I die cut some patterned paper with the same die and layered them together for this fun look.  I think I'm up to about 16(?) cards in a row using at least one piece from the "bits and pieces" stash and I have to say that each card has come out better than I would have imagined.  Maybe I just need to randomly cut out shapes and make a stash to see what I can come up with. : )  It definitely challenges my creativity.
 This card is a Valentine's Day card for my best friend, hence the sentiment.  And here is the rest of the sentiment on the inside:

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes as long is it is covered with patterned paper
Die Cuttin' Divas #201--sketch (unfortunately, I missed the deadline.  argh!)

Clear it Out--theme: anything goes, stash: anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #169--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #92--anything goes
Through The Purple Haze #77--use some flowers

Supplies:
Stamps: Skipping Stone Designs "Sassy Shoes"; Verve "Happy Valentine's Day" plain jane
Dies: Spellbiners "Butterfly corner"; Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; MFT "Formal Flourish" and "Pretty Posies"

5 comments:

Sue said...

Fabulous card great layout thanks for joining us at TTPH hugs Sue DT x

Unknown said...

I love , love ,love this card layout. Thank you so much for entering our 169th AG challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Please come back really soon with you wonderful art. Blessings, Carole xoxo

butterfly dream cards said...

Very nice very different and lovely

Fiona DT
TTPH

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us over at TTPH for this week's challenge.

DT Pam

Jacqui's Crafts said...

Great card

Jacqui DT
TTPH