Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blue Roses

I just LOVE this "The Sweet Life" set by PTI!  The roses are so elegant, and as this card shows they even look beautiful in blue. : )  They didn't look so hot actually when I started.  I had tried stamping blues and greens for a card last year and it just didn't look good so I threw them in my "bits and pieces" stash and despaired of ever being able to use them.  But as I am on a quest to eliminate that stash, I decided to try to freshen them up.  I figured it couldn't get any worse, so I stamped a dark blue top layer and now I LOVE them!!  It just goes to show that anything can be salvaged.

Challenges:
Dragons Lair--hearts & flowers
Time Out Challenge #24--CASE Designer Kylie's card:
One Stitch At A Time #230--anything goes with love
Eureka #127--All is love
Through The Purple Haze #77--use some flowers

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "The Sweet Life", "Mat Stack 3" and "Damask Designs"
Dies: PTI "The Sweet Life" and "Mat Stack 3"; Verve "Flag It!"
Darice "woodgrain" embossing folder

15 comments:

sandie said...

These flowers are fabulous in blue. Thanks for taking part at Time Out

butterfly dream cards said...

YOur floral cards are beautiful....i like the blue one....its super.

Fiona DT
TTPH

Anonymous said...

Blue flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Eureka Stamps.

DT Pam

Unknown said...

Love both of these. fabulous. Thanks for joining in with our use some flowers challenge at TTPH this time.
hugs
Dawn TTPH DT xxx

Planetsusie said...

I love both of your creations and am so impressed at the way you saved your blue roses! Thank you for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Andrea said...

Both cards are beautiful.......Thank you for joining us this week....

Andrea TTPH

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super yummy take on Kylie's card.
Love your choice of colours and the stamps are divine. Thanks for playing along. Sarah (GD)

Kylie said...

I love your take on my card, Heather. Those blue blooms are so beautiful and I love the heart peeking out from behind xx

karalschuknecht said...

So pretty, love the roses in blue. Thanks for joining us this week for our All is Love Challenge at Eureka Stamps.
Karal DT

Christine Harrop said...

It's always a great feeling when we can salvage something we thought was useless. I'm so glad you managed to save this because it is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Christine DT x

Gerrina said...

So beautiful the blue roses.! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Love it! Thank you for playing with us over at TO Challenge.

Beverley said...

Beautiful coloured roses and great take on the CASE card. Thanks foe taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Vanessa Hodgson said...

Very elegant card, thank you for joining in with the challenge on Dragons Lair Designs...good luck - Vanessa DT xxx

Craftymum said...

I love the roses in blue, thank you so much for sharing with us at the Dragons Lair Designs. Sarah DT :)