Monday, February 9, 2015

Bit of water coloring

This card was a bit outside my comfort zone: no sketch to follow and a couple water coloring techniques!  But I think I like how it turned out.
For my "watercoloring" I used a heart stencil and sponged some ink over it, then I went in with my Stampin' Up! blender pen to soften the edges and give it the water colored look.  Then I inked up the word stamp and spritzed some water onto it before stamping it on the card stock.  Kind of a fun look I think.  I also managed to use the two white circles from my "bits and pieces" stash.

Challenges:
CAS-ual Friday #136--must love watercolor (and must be CAS)
{Pin}spirational Challenge #133--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the white and pink, and the hearts)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982011498579/
Cuttlebug Mania--I {heart} you
Mod Squad--use water

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Damask Designs" sentiment; Hero Arts "French Script"
Dies: Sweet n' Sassy hearts; MFT "Fancy Flourish"
MFT "Tiled Hearts"

10 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Heather. Love the stenciled background with the flourishes.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Heather I love the watercolouring techniques, and the flourish with heart a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Joyce Erb said...

It turned out great! Love the elegance of it. Thanks for joining us this week at the Mod Squad Challenge!

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Great job! Love the softened look of your card. I am inspired to try the Blender pen technique. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda DT

Di said...

Oh this is so lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

Cuttlebug Mania DT

Kimbo said...

This is gorgeous, I love the soft background effect

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Dee Miranda said...

The soft background is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays (:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Stunning card. Love the muted color scheme! Classy!

Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card.. Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays challenge this month :-)

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Lovely card. I loved the soft colours.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday´s challenge.
Hugs
Archana