Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Verve Diva Dare


Verve has started a new challenge they are calling their Diva Dare; this month's theme is Baby Love--either celebrating a new baby or love (or both, I guess). My card is for my Mom (and Dad) for Valentine's Day. The image is from a fabulous package Jak Heath has put together to raise money for a woman named Katie who is battling cancer. You can visit this site to read the entire story and see the package of digital images from several fabulous artists/companies. I think this image is supposed to be Katie's three boys, two of which are twins. I adapted the image to fit my family of three girls (I also have a set of twins), by adding ponytails to the hair and pleats to make the shorts into skirts. I also stamped love into the center of the heart. My "ribbon" is actually two strips of paper that I added "stitching" to with a white gel pen and used a third strip to make the bow.

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable! Such a sweet image!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, love the creative adaptation of the image!