Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas all ready?

Yes, I am starting Christmas cards all ready! This year I was sending them out (ok, I was making them) the week of Christmas and I vowed I would start making cards in January and continue throughout the year so that wouldn't happen again. So, the challenges from Verve (the sketch for Viva La Verve), Our Daily Bread Designs (used something old and something new), JUGS (Envy of Envies--decorate & line the envelope), and Off The Wall Craftiness (color challenge, see the last picture in this post) were the perfect chance to start. For my something new: last week I just received the "Richly Blessed" set from Verve and I used the "Jesus" and "the true gift of Christmas" sentiments. Old things are the snowflake stamps (inkadinkadoo, I think) and all the cardstock.





8 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Heather, this is just beautiful! I LOVE the embossed background! Thanks for playing!

Amy Kolling said...

Good for you getting some done now!!! Love the nestie you used for your sentiment. Your coordinating envie looks fab too! I need to do that more often. Thanks for using the OTWC colors this week!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful!! I just love the set you created with the lined envi and the beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Kathryn B said...

Beautiful card Heather resubmit your card to the JUGS challenge it is back open! Sorry about that we now have it fixed!
Thanks for playing along with Just us Girls this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, beautiful card and envelope! I just love those colors.....gorgeous!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Andrea M said...

So so pretty!!! I submitted your card for you Heather so no worries :) Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!! Hope you'll play along with us next week!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your use of varying shapes on this card for the frame and borders is perfect. What a clever girl you are to make a matching envelope too and I LOVE the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.

AKiteFlier said...

Absolutely beautiful! well done - Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week. We appreciate your participation and your support.