Sunday, January 30, 2011

Singing the blues

Blue was the theme of this week's Our Daily Bread Designs challenge: use blue and not just a little! I combined that with the JUGS challenge to create a 3-D flower to create this card. I also used the sketch from Sweet Stop this week. The focal image is from "She's all that" by SU! and a flourish by Inkadinkadoo. I all ready had these sets out (see my previous post) and thought they fit in with the sketch and the 3-D flower (which comes out so much better when you use a 6 petal flower instead of 5!) It might be a bit hard to see in the picture, but I added some white demensional fabric paint to the pearl necklace to give it a little something extra. The flower is gigantic--I definitely won't be mailing this!!!


9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love the sparkle on the flower!

Kristin Eberline said...

Your bloom turned out so pretty! I'm glad I went with the 6 petal flower as well...I originally had a 5-petal bloom on my cutting mat and changed it up at the last minute :]

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Melody said...

Your flower is beautiful!!

Maria said...

Love your glittery flower, so awesome! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Shelby Goolsby said...

Wow, what a beautiful flower!! I also love how you used the ribbon behind the image.

Kathryn B said...

Love your blue sugared flower! It's fabulous!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the silhouette!! Great use of blue. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Heather, awesome card and so perfect for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD to use A LOT of blue! I love that amazing flower!!Thanks for taking the time to play along! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Teresa Kline said...

this is so gorgeous, I adore the flower and the great colors...have a super day!

enjoy *~*