Sunday, January 30, 2011

A cameo appearance

My card today uses the sketch from Viva La Verve February week 1 challenge combined with the Off The Wall Craftiness color challenge to use black and white with cameos (see the inspiration photo below).
I always seem to not have the "right" item to use and have to alter something else to create what I need, but maybe that is part of what is so great about stamping and papercrafting: if you can think it, you can usually do it! I never have the "right" patterened paper for anything, this challenge included, so I had to make my own using a French-script stamp topped with a flourish by Inkadinkadoo. I haven't been one for distressing, but I am starting to see the beauty in it, so I also added a little tan ink to the edges to take away the stark contrast. I also didn't have a cameo stamp, so I taped off the body of this image from She's All That by SU! and voila, a cameo.
It might be a bit hard to see in the picutre, but I used some white dimension fabric paint to hightlight the pearl necklace and to complete the theme addes pearls in three of the corners around the image.

4 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Beautiful card Heather! I love how creative you were for your cameo! This is perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing with OTWC this week!

~Tammy~ said...

Very Creative Heather! Great layout! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! :-)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Loving your background with all of its fun elements. So glad you joined us at OTWC this week.