Friday, December 29, 2023

Thinking of you

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Anything Goes!!

Here is my card for your inspiration:

Actually, I have a whole bunch of cards.  I know they are fall themed, but I'm finishing up a project I started back in October!  These were all created using Kendra's Card Template and cutting guide.  You end up using 6 sheets of 6x6 paper (use them all up except for a very few tiny scraps) and create 15 cards.  It's really fun and I'm finishing up this quarter's cards just in time!!  So, here are the rest:

Card #1:
For all of the cards, I used the same 4 colors of card stock: cream, kraft, chocolate and pops of orange on the leaves.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder on some of them and orange mulberry paper on most (it's such a great way to add texture and interest), and I used rhinestones from an orange/yellow pack.  I tried to keep them all in the "thankful/thinking of you" theme and ended up using two different stamp sets and a single sentiment stamp.

Card #2:
This card was already posted on my blog.  If you want to read the details, you can go here.

Card #3:
This one really had me intimidated and I left it for last.  I do kind of like how it turned out.  It definitely has a retro feel to me.  I used this kraft colored grossgrain ribbon on several of the cards.  I really try to keep to a limited range of products to keep everything looking cohesive.

Card #4:
I just love the texture from the mulberry paper.  And the cream "sweater" paper gives it such a cozy feel!

Card #5:
Again, the sweater paper adds a cozy feel and these detailed leaves add so much interest!

Card #6:
One of my sheets of paper was a plain, dark brown.  After creating all the cards, I probably should have chosen a different sheet of paper because it just looks like brown cardstock.

Card #7:
This one is really interesting.  I did use a one-off product on this one (meaning I only used it on this one card), but the large sentiment die really fit perfectly in the center and I don't think any of my elements would have worked so well.  I die cut the sentiment twice and adhered them together and then backed it with vellum so it would stand out from the patterned background.

Card #8:
Not one of my favorites, I have to say.  I ran out of large pieces of kraft card stock, so I had to create an entire panel with the mulberry paper.  I do like the texture, but it brings a lot more orange into this card than any of the others.

Card #9:
This card is what inspired me to pull out this intricate leaf die.  Otherwise the card was a bit blah (because of that brown patterned paper I chose!).  My other leaf die I was using was too large, this was just the perfect size!

Card #10:
Love this cute little leaf print!

Card #11:
These little banners are so cute, but again, the brown paper really doesn't accentuate the layout.

Card #12:
I think this one is my favorite!  I LOVE this leaf print paper and adding the fancy border die cuts just fancies it up so much for me!

Card #13:
This is kind of a fun one, too.

Card #14:
Very dark with all the brown, but I had run out of the kraft card stock by this point.  

Card #15:
I was a little intimidated by this layout at first too, but it ended up being another of my favorites.  I think it's the brightness of that leaf paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Card #1:
Supplies: 
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink leaf; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure--anything goes with the optional twist: Christmas (I did not use the twist)

Card #2:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Papertrey Ink leaf
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #626--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

Card #3:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Accent Notes"
Dies: Papertrey Ink leaf; MFT "Blueprints 12" stitched circle; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #268--anything goes

Card #4:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Papertrey Ink leaf
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:

Card #5:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Accent Notes"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; unbranded leaf die

Challenges:

Card #6:
Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink leaf
Darice Woograin embossing folder

Challenges:
The Paper Shelter--anything goes

Card #7:
Supplies:
Dies: Unbranded thank you die

Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes

Card #8:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Accent Notes:
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; MFT "Blueprints #12" stitched circle and "Mini Delicate Doilies"

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #696--all occasions (thinking of you is an occasion)uy

Card #9:
Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings" 
Dies: unbranded leaf die

Card #10:
Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings"
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge--T is for texture (embossing folder, ribbon and mulberry paper, plus rhinestones)

Card #11:
Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings"

Card #12:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Accent Notes"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 12" small circle; PaperTrey Ink "Filigree" border die
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #470--anything BUT Christmas using snippets (these card are the ultimate use of snippets--using up 6 entire sheets of pattern paper; but also, the border dies and sentiment circle were cut from snippets, and the mulberry mat was torn from a tiny scrap of mulberry paper.)

Card #13:
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Accent Notes"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink leaf; MFT "Blueprints 12" small circle and banner

Card #14:
Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings"
Dies: Papertrey Ink leaf; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Card #15:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressing "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: unbranded leaf




7 comments:

meg said...

An amazing collection of cards in beautiful autumnal colours with added texture from the ef and embellishments,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Fiona said...

What a stunning collection of cards - those colours are so gorgeous and yes definitely autumn themed. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks

Sarn said...

A brilliant collection of cards made with your snippets of 6x6 papers. Thanks for entering Card 12 into the Snippets Playground. Still a few sausage rolls left up in the treehouse that need eating up! xxx

Debbie said...

Wow! These are all wonderful!! Love the color scheme and cozy feel of them all!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Di said...

What a stunning collection of cards Heather! They're all really wonderful!

Hugs
Di xx

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Fantastic card bundle! Bet it feels wonderful to complete a project. Love it when I can use up most of a pattern paper piece. I tend to hoard, so this would be a great way to reduce my stash. Thank you for playing with our All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Diane - KCC DT

Gerda said...

WOW!! What a awesome set!! Love all the card designs and the gorgeous papers you used!! I LOVE them all!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda