Friday, November 3, 2023

Fall greetings

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Layer It Up (and don't forget the die cut!)

Here is my card for your inspiration:
This card is actually one of 15 created from a cutting guide and card template set from Kendra's Card Challenge.  If you haven't attempted one of these, you should!  You take 6 pieces of patterned paper, cut them following Kendra's cutting guide, and create 15 cards using her templates.  Obviously, you have to use other card stock, etc, but it is an awesome way to COMPLETELY use up 6 sheets of patterned paper and have 15 coordinating cards.  This quarter's template ends up leaving you with a couple really tiny scraps (that I have no problem throwing away because they are soooo tiny!) but otherwise you use all 6 sheets completely.
Anyway, on to my card: my background was made with a woodgrain embossing folder and a dark brown cardstock.  I thought it added to the rustic, autumn feel of my patterned papers.  After I layered the patterned papers onto the cream cardstock, they just really seemed to "need" something, so I pulled out some old, old, old mulberry paper, tore the edges and it became the perfect textural addition to my card.  I die cut my leaf out of orange paper and brushed on some brick red ink around the edges to give it depth.  Stamped the sentiment and finished everything off with some tiny orange rhinestones that I have had for AGES!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Papertrey Ink leaf die
Darice woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Creative Knockouts #507--fall is in the air
Word Art Wednesday #620--anything goes with uplifting sentiments
Use Your Stuff #496--anything goes
Can You Handle the Pressure--anything goes with an embossing folder and the optional twist: vines/greenery



4 comments:

Kellianne said...

Wow! 15 cards! That sounds like a great challenge indeed. And your card turned out very cute. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

Lisa said...

This is a really great layout and love all the wonderful layers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the embossed background to your lovely card. What a lovely sentiment too.
Faith x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the papers you used and fabulous card design!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda