Friday, March 10, 2023

Recycled Christmas

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: This Makes Me Happy (so use items that make you happy)

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Now, I have to admit that this card doesn't exactly make me happy.  It didn't turn out quite like I thought it would.  But that's ok.  Not every card is going to be amazing!  Or at least that's what I tell myself.  But, there are a LOT Of things about this card that do make me happy!  First off, I LOVE Christmas; it's definitely my favorite time of year!  I LOVE snowflakes (even though I really hate being cold, I still love snow), I LOVE using die cuts and I really, really, really LOVE being able to recycle and use things up--the image and sentiment panels were from a commercial card that we received in the mail this year.  I thought the image was just too pretty to throw away, so I recycled it into this card, also the punched snowflakes were part of a collection that had come in a box of gift wrapping supplies that I purchased at a yard sale several years ago.  So, all those elements together make me happy.  Also, I love me a bit of sparkle, and this card was covered in it, you can see a bit of it on the snowy areas in the photo below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Dies: Kat Scrappiness "Distressed Edge" slimline dies
Martha Stewart snowflake punch (I didn't actually punch them, but I do have that same punch)

Challenges:
Penny's Challenge #541--anything goes
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round--three French hens (use three of something or a French sentiment--I have three snowflakes and three gold sequins)
Cards Galore--anything goes
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #670--Christmas

8 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

ooh, loving the sparkle on this card! Definitely makes me happy when I receive a card with texture!

Michelle N. said...

I love the recycling-some cards are so beautiful why waste them? Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

I love to recycle too and that lovely scene was well worth the save. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge.

CA Scrapper said...

What a great idea to recycle some items. Your card is beautiful.

Leslie

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great use of this lovely image on a DL card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Brenda said...

What a great epicycle! What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.