Friday, February 24, 2023

Life is Messy!

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: CAS (clean and simple)

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I used to struggle with CAS cards, but I am starting to really appreciate them.  I'm not saying I can always pull them off well (there is a real art to doing that!), but I think this one turned out quite well, and cute!  There were three sets sitting on my table that had seen their first ink only earlier this month when I was creating my Valentine's Day cards.  I wanted to use at least one of them again before I put them away and this sweet little kitty won!  I stamped him on a very tiny scrap of white card stock and masked off his bottom half so I could make it look like he was riding on the robotic vacuum cleaner.  (Let me just say that I have one of these and my cats would never even get close to it!!).  Then I colored him up and fussy cut him out.  The striped paper was a scrap, I only had to trim it's length and the border die cut was cut from a scrap.  I stamped the sentiment and add the enamel dots (which were the very last two on the sheet-so they are also scraps of a sort) and I was done!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe"
Dies: Papertrey Ink border die

Challenges:
Sheepski Designs #71--wings and paws
Try Stampin' on Tuesday--Furry Friends AND/OR sketch (I used both!)











Word Art Wednesday #584--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #540--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Snippets Playground #448--anything goes with snippets

11 comments:

Treva said...

Really adorable card, great sentiment.

Treva

Sarn said...

You totally nailed CAS with this cute kitty card Heather.
Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Love the cute little cat image and the sentiment you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda.

Di said...

What an adorable card Heather - perfect use of snippets and also CAS - love it. The expression on the kitty's face is priceless - having a great time!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, yet another cute little furry friend! A cat riding on the robot vacuum cleaner is such a cute idea,,, clever to create him by simply trimming off the bottom part... what did you use to make the vacuum? Thank you for joining us so enthusiastically at TSOT for our combo sketch/theme challenge!!! -Donna

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Heather: This is darling. That kitty image is so sweet and has such a lovely sentiment. Thank you for stopping by to share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always makes me happy, and I'm so grateful. Have a great week.
Karen

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a fun card with the kitty riding a vacuum. love the striped paper and the border you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Dena J said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you for joining the challenge at TSOT.

Lisa Bird said...

A beautiful card and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Sheepski Designs Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa (DT) xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Stamprgrl said...

Congrats on your TOP 3 at TSOT! This is adorable and thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!

-- Stamprgrl
http://stamprgrl.worpdress.com

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.