Friday, March 24, 2023

Peace on Earth

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is:  Add Embellishments

---For this challenge, we have a prize on offer for one person who comments on the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  You don't even have to enter a project, just leave a comment.---


Here is my card for your inspiration:
For the last Cut It Up Challenge, I created this card which was made from an upcycled commercial Christmas card.  Today's card uses the left over part of the image.  At first I wasn't quite sure how I was going to use this part of the image, but it really fit perfectly with the sketch I found from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  Last time, I paired it with some pink card stock, this time I used some blue and I really love how it draws out the iciness in the image.  To go along with my upcycled image, I added some snowflakes that I got pre-punched with some gift wrapping supplies several years ago.  I used some papers from a brand new paper pack; the pine branch paper has little gold foil dots as part of the pattern and ties in with the gold accents I chose to use.  I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.  I die cut a little bow from gold paper (brand new die that I've had for several months and hadn't gotten to use yet) and adhered it together with liquid glue and some score tape.  I finished it all off with some lavender pearls (the snowflake paper has some lavender in it as well)
In the photo about you can see the shine from the gold embossing and die cut bow and the sparkle on the snow in the image.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Peace On Earth"
Dies: Verve "Classy Labels"; YNS "Small Bow and Mini Bow"
Martha Stewart snowflake punch

Challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round--three French hens (three of something or French sentiment); I used three medium sized pearls
Crafty Calendar--buttons/bows (die cut bow)
Sheepski Designs #72--embellish it
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 #250--sketch (I did flip the sketch horizontally so it fit my image better)












NBUS #48--anything goes with never before used schtuff
MFT Christmas--anything goes as long as it's Christmas related
Word Art Wednesday #588--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #542--anything goes
Fab n' Funky #569--lots of layers
C.R.A.F.T. #672--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #656--all occasions

13 comments:

Treva said...

Wow, love you upcycled card; thanks for sharing great inspiration!

Liz said...

Beautiful card Heather, great upcycling. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Kathie said...

Heather, I really love this card. When I first looked at it, I couldn't see my sketch, and then it made perfect sense. Love how you used the old card as paper and the people walking down the street it really catches your eye. This is a great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Darnell said...

Great take on the sketch by flipping it, Heather, and I'm a huge fan of upcycling! You've created a card that's more beautiful than the original! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Buffy said...

Stunning upcycled card.
Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
Buffy (DT) xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Heather:
This is stunning. Your cards are always so sweet and such a blessing. Thank you for sharing with us so faithfully at Word Art Wednesday. It always means so much to me. Have a great week, and I'm already looking forward to seeing what you create next.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Sheryl said...

A stunning card - that heat embossed image is gorgeous!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous papers and image, and golden sentiment is so festive. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Granne DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Kelly Schelske said...

What a gorgeous card Heather! I love the color palette!

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2! Good Luck!

anne said...

What a great idea for using a tall topper and I love your embossed sentiment. It's a lovely card. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.

Andriana Rob said...

I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +1-510-854-9661

Thank you once again, you make everything looks beautiful in your blog.
Andriana Rob
Reading from Greece.