Monday, March 13, 2023

Sunshine

  I have exciting news!!  I was asked to join the design team for the Creative Moments challenge blog!!  Today is my first post as a team member.  The challenges go live on the second Monday of the month and last for a month.  So, make sure you go check it out and then play along!  This month's challenge is: For a Special Lady/Mother's Day

Our fabulous sponsor is All Dressed Up

And here is my card:
I decided I would make a mother's Day card for my sister-in-law.  She has three young kiddos (10, 8 and almost 6) and I think she is an amazing mom!  So sweet and caring and never seems to lose her cool.  I chose this beautiful image to work with; this chick is all set to go to the beach!  I absolutely LOVE how this card turned out!!  I'm not always the best at mixing patterns and papers, but since the papers all came from the same paper pack, they work together perfectly!  And best of all, I got to use up some scraps--the floral pieces only had to be trimmed to length and while I did trim the striped piece both in length and width, I did not have to trim it very much.  I did something very unusual for me, I used a colored card stock for my sentiment panel, but I think it ties in well with the sunshine sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure you head over to the Creative Moments blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created and to get the full details for the challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: All Dressed Up "Beach Ready" digi; The House That Stamps Built "Mom's like you . . ."; Verve "Joyful Blooms" (the main reason I bought this set years and years and years ago was because I saw someone stamp it on patterned paper and fussy cut it out.  It had continues to be my go to way to use these flowers and I still love it!!  This may have been the first or second set I bought from Verve probably 12-14 years ago!)
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs"; Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #85--dots and/or stripes (I used both)
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #72--embellish it
Craft Rockets #101--for the girls
Triple B (use a bird, butterfly, bloom)--anything goes with the optional twist: spring colors
Crafting Happiness #140--St. Patrick's Day or Lots of Green
Di's Digi Designs--hand colored image
Sweet Stampin'--special women/Mother's Day
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes













Use Your Stuff #479--paper strips
Crafty Catz #628--anything goes with the optional twist: spring
Creative Fingers #250--anything goes




15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your new DT role! And what a delightful card you've created. Thanks for playing with us this March at Die Cut Divas.

Kreativestamping said...

This is a super sweet card, your sister in law is a lucky girl. Thanks for joining our Ai Green Galore Challenge!

chrissy xx said...

The sweetest of images and a GORgeous design.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx
Big Congratulations on your new DT role. x

Darlene said...

Awe ... what a sweet card ... sure to bring a smile! Beautiful coloring/design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Arlene said...

I think Spring has sprung. Fantastic card and I love all the patterns and papers. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Super cute card and I love the image you used!
Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the fresh color scheme. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That is SO lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Carol L said...

I really like this color combo with that big blue flower! Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge. (Carol L, GD)

Carole J said...

Such a beautiful mother's day card. Lovely colouring on your digi image and a beautiful background. Congratulations on your new DT role!

Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this ard and all the super cute polka dots. Thanks so much for visiting us this month at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab design, Heather, and I love the patterns you combined in the background! Great coloring on your digi image too! Congrats on new DT slot and thanks for sharing at the Divas!!

Janis Lewis said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.

Andriana Rob said...

I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +1-510-854-9661

Thank you once again, you make everything looks beautiful in your blog.
Andriana Rob
Reading from Greece.