Friday, September 7, 2012

CASE


Ok, so this week's challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is a good one, but it might be a bit of an embarrassing trip down memory lane.  Because, the challenge is to CASE (copy and share everything) the first Christmas card you ever posted to your blog!  The sponsor for this challenge is Bunny Zoe and the winner will receive a 10.00 pound gift certificate to the shop!
Now, luckily for me, I only started blogging at the end of 2010 and that was only a few cards; I started for real in October 2011.  As I scrolled back down through my posts to find the first Christmas card, I was afraid of how primitive it might have been.  But I was pleasantly surprised with the style--I don't think I have changed my style a whole lot.  Unfortunately, the first Christmas card wasn't too stunning, but it's not bad.

If you want to check out the original post, you can find it here.  I decided to keep the sketch and kept the background mostly white but tried to add a bit more glamour to it.  So, take a look in those dusty old archives, find your first posted Christmas card and show us what you can do now!  Go over to the CSAYL blog and check out the other DT's projects.  Then, link up your own for the chance to be the winner.

Challenges:
House of Gilli #40--favorite color combo (it's not traditional Christmas, but I love pink and green together)
Christmas Cards #40--3 of something (three dps, three sets of three pearls)
Cutie Pie #26--no flowers
Tuesday Alchemy #30--Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread Designs #121--you leave me in stitches (I actually pulled out my sewing machine for this)

Supplies:
Paper: DCWV
Stamps: Verve "Richly Blessed"
Dies: spellbinders scalloped ovals and classic ovals, large
Other: Pink Pearls, pink liquid pearls, ribbon

7 comments:

Patricia Chalas said...

Heather I love your card is very cute and sweet with that combination of colors!!! TFS

Fabiola said...

elle est très jolie, ce combo rose gris est superbe et si doux, biz

Unknown said...

Awww...This is so sweet! Lovely image and sweet details!Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy This week! Good luck!Hugs and sunshine!

Mynn xx said...

Such a fabulous layout!!! I LOVE your pink take on your first card--so soft and lovely! :)

Brigitte said...

WOW, I love the combo of pink and green!!!! Such a beautiful card, very elegant! Your CASE card was also pretty good, lol!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What beautiful cards!! I just love the pink and green combo and your use of the scripture. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!