Sunday, September 9, 2012

basketball

If you read my last post, you know that today is Grandparent's Day (or maybe you know anyway, 'cause you're smart like that).  Along with a lot of you, making "man" cards is hard for me.  And I was trying to combine it with the Viva La Verve September week 1 sketch which had me stumped too.  But then, it came to me: Basketballs.  Yep, don't all circles make you think of basketball?  Well, my father-in-law loves to play and watch basketball (as do my husband and I), so it was a perfect conclusion.  I made these super-cute balls with a Spellbinders standard circles, large die.  I was then very brilliant (for me) and drew on the lines before I embossed they with a cuttlebug dots embossing folder.  Then, I inked the edges and the dots with a brown ink to bring out the detail.  Genius, no?

Challenges:
VLV Sept week 1--sketch
Eureka Stamps#4--go team, go (sports)
The Squirrel and the Fox #26--Anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet 'n' Sassy "Special"; SU! basketball set, I don't know the name
Dies: spellbinders: labels 4, labels 5, and classic circles, large
Other: cuttlebug dots embossing folder; gold brads

2 comments:

Plastic card printing said...

What a wonderful card. So creative design. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

happyglitzygirl said...

Wonderful card, very inventive, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde