Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Verve Release Week Challenge 1

Verve is hosting a challenge (actually 5) for world cardmaking day and their new release week. This is the sketch for challenge #1. This may be the easiest and fastest card I have ever made! Even though it makes it look like I am REALLY good at coloring! The focal image is actually cut from a sample Christmas card I received in the mail last week. The company was trying to entice you to order your cards from them and the images are beautiful! Way too beautiful to throw away. So, I used an oval nestie to punch out a portion of this bridge. You can't tell from the picture, but I used a glitter pen to highlight the snow portions. And I ambossed the snowflakes with a cuttlebug folder. That is pretty much it.

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Very cool! Great idea to repurpose the Christmas card image! Beautiful job with the Verve sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just lovely! The white embossed snowflakes are the perfect accent to this winter scene.