Thursday, January 18, 2024

Small spaces

 I have exciting news!!  A couple months ago, I was asked to be a guest designer on the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog for the month of January!!  This week's challenge is: "Inspired By a Book" and our fabulous sponsor is All Dressed Up.

This is the card I created for your inspiration:
My book of inspiration is "Thumbelina".  I remember reading that waaaaaaay back when I was a kid and when I saw this image, that's exactly what I thought of as Thumbelina was no bigger than your thumb.  This little fairy has to be pretty tiny to be sitting beneath the flowers.  I colored her up with my Spectrum Noir markers and added some gold glitter pen to her wings.  You can see it in the photo below:
I stamped the sentiment and liked the bold black so much that I added a black mat and card base to make that pink really pop.  I die cut a fun corner flourish element and added some hot pink rhinestones and it was done!
Make sure you stop by the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog to see what the DT created for this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!

 Supplies:
Stamps: All Dressed Up "Little Flower Fairy"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 12" square and "Four Corners" corner element

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Triple B--anything goes with birds, blooms, or butterflies
Simon Says Stamp Monday--Sparkles and shine
Shopping Our Stash #513--Once upon a time (I think "Thumbelina" should count as a fairy tale)
Word Art Wednesday #631--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #563--anything goes

9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the colors, the sweet image, and your wonderful sentiment. This is really beautiful, and I want to thank you for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. What a wonderfully sweet card.

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful card!! I love the layout and coloring and sentiment! Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

Makira said...

🩷🧚‍♀️🩷 Adorable card!!!! If you’re interested in adding your card to another challenge, check out my challenge here: https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ Cheers, Makira

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeous image and lovely colours, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Anna said...

What a pretty card-fabulous coloring! I think Thumbelina should count as a fairy tale as well, so totally fits in our theme at Shopping Our Stash! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Shopping Our Stash and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, SOS Design Team

Helen said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the way you've coloured the image.

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Chana Malkah said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Pattie G said...

Hi Heather,
You are one of our winners over at Pattie's Creations. Please email me with your choice of 3 free images.
Congrats,
Pattie

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x