Friday, January 12, 2024

New Year

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: New Year (you can create a project using something NEW, using a NEW technique, or maybe just  a NEW year's card).

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I didn't receive any new crafty items for Christmas, so I went with the NEW Year's day theme.  I had this paper pack sitting on my desk from the previous card I had made (you can see it here).  As I was flipping through it, I cam across this gorgeous paper and just had to use it.  I paired it with two different shades of gray card stock and used a teal card stock for the die cut letters.  I colored up my sweet little kitty in my favorite gray (gray cats have always been my favorite), gave him a party hat and finished everything off with some leftover die cut stars (left over from the same project mentioned above).
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant "Lunar Animals"; Unity Stamps Co. small sentiment
Dies: MFT "Stitched Alphabet"; Papertrey Ink stars

Challenges:
Cutie Pie Challenge--Feeling Sentimental













Incy Wincy Designs--New AND/OR Let's Celebrate
Word Art Wednesday #630--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Snippets Playground #471--celebration (must use snippets--no full sheets of anything were harmed in the making of this card: all the cardstocks were from off cuts as was the paper.  My kitty was stamped on a tiny snippet of white card stock and my stars were left over from a previous project.)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes






 

11 comments:

Heather said...

Ah ha - there's those letters again - love them! And love your little kitty with his party hat - such a cutie! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Kathie said...

Hi Heather Happy New Year. I really had to look twice to see my sketch, then it clicked, what a great idea. I love your card and the colours used and that cute little kitty. Thanks so much for playing with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck,
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Sarn said...

Wonderful New Year card using your snippets and that sketch.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings xxx

Gerda said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the color and the cute little kitty you used!!
Great take on the sketch!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

ScrappyHorses said...

How adorable is this! Great dies! Happy New Year!

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - love the colours and the little critter :)

Carrianne said...

Adorable card and design. Love the soft colors.

Carrianne said...

Heather your card is so sweet. Love those stitched letters and the cute little critter. Beautiful color too!

Di said...

Great card using snippets - it had just the right amount of impact, love it!

Hugs
Di xx

Helen said...

Love your card - so cute and the big die is really effective!

Helen x

anne said...

A fabulous card Heather, love the pretty papers and cute kitty.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT