Monday, January 8, 2024

Magical Birthday

Hello, everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  The theme is: Fantasy.  I am using an image from one of our fabulous sponsors: Sheepski Designs.

 Here is my card:
Isn't this unicorn just gorgeous??!!  Andrea Norris is the artist behind Sheepski Designs and she is very talented!  This purple watercolor look paper was on my desk (my daughter had just returned it along with some other stuff as she was working on cleaning out her room) and I really wanted to use it.  So, I pulled out some other papers from the same pack and went with a soft, magical, purple color scheme.  The vertical layer is a nice pearlescant paper and has a beautiful sheen to it.  You can see that a little bit in the photo below as well as the gold sparkle pen I used on the unicorn's horn.  I finished everything off with some large gold sequins and some elegant gold die cuts.  I had forgotten about both of these dies and I was very excited to pull them out and use them again.  

You have all month to play along.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sheepski Designs "Unicorn"; CAS-ual Friday's "Be a Unicorn"
Dies: MFT "Fancy Flourish" and "Four Corners"

Challenges:
Cards Galore #119--anything goes













Sheepski Designs #82--anything goes
Paper Funday #61--anything goes with the optional twist: celebrate
Aud Sentiments #309--make your own background AND/OR birthday (I went with birthday)
Incy Wincy Designs--New AND/OR Let's celebrate (I chose celebrate)
Word Art Wednesday #630--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #562--anything goes
Double D--8th birthday/anniversary celebration (Happy Birthday!!!  This card's for you!)













C.R.A.F.T. #703--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes

8 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is stunning!

Hugz Tinz

Vicki said...

Gorgeous BD card, Heather! The gold accents are perfect with this magical unicorn image. Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for sharing with the Double D, "Birthday/Anniversary" Challenge.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous colouring of that unicorn. Love the golden accents.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this, Heather. It's absolutely magical and I can't thank you enough for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you so much and always enjoy the art you share in our challenges. I hope that you'll stop by again soon.

I also wanted to let you know about the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop taking place now. It's a short hop with a fun prize. Just in case you'd like to hop along.
www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Bernadet said...

What a great card Heather!
Love the unicorn wich you colored awesome.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.

Billie A said...

Great birthday card. Fun image and coloring. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments

crafty said...

Love your cute card. Thank you for joining in at Aud Sentiments.
Mary