Thursday, January 11, 2024

Happy New Year

I have exciting news!!  A couple months ago, I was asked to be a guest designer on the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog for the month of January!!  I flaked out and missed last week's challenge, so I am starting today.  This week's challenge is: "New" and our fabulous sponsor is The Paper Shelter.
This is the card I created for your inspiration:
I came across a challenge that was to use the colors gray, yellow and white, and it intrigued me so much I wanted to give it a try.  I usually stay away from color challenges because I'm TERRIBLE at mixing colors, but for whatever reason, I thought I could do this one.  I think it created a very bright, modern, celebration card and it is so fun!!  I colored up my handsome little dude and fussy cut him out so I could add him wherever I wanted.  I didn't have the exact shade of yellow card stock that I was looking for, so I used a pale yellow cardstock to die cut the letters from and once they were die cut I used my Spectrum Noir markers to create an ombre affect on each letter.  It's very subtle, but I think it is a fun touch. I finished everything off with some die cut stars.
Make sure you stop by the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog to see what the DT created for this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!

 Supplies:
Stamps: The Paper Shelter "Casual Boy" digi
Dies: MFT "Stitched Alphabet"; Papertrey Ink stars

Challenges:
Cutie Pie Challenge--Feeling Sentimental
Cheerful Sketches--sketch (second time I've used this one--it's a good one this month!)













Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #82--anything goes
Paper Funday #61--anything goes with the optional twist: let's celebrate
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: new beginnings
Incy Wincy Designs--New AND/OR Let's celebrate
Word Art Wednesday #630--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #562--anything goes
ART Impressions #366--It's a clean slate (anything goes)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Cupcake Inspirations #585--color challenge


11 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on your DT spot, love the card you created with that cute image. Fabulous colouring, great background design and I love the colour combo.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Heather said...

Great colors, and I love that New Year's letting - what a perfect alphabet! Love this fun card! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Nora Noll said...

Congratulations on being a GD!!! I LOVE your card. Your coloring is FABULOUS and I love your use of pattern paper. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Jana Forrest said...

It looks like you have conquered this challenge. Cards for men are so hard to design. But you have excelled. thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Wies said...

You have made a great New Year's card in this colour combination. And thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches for the second time.
Greetings, Wies DT

Margreet said...

Love your card in grey and yellow. Great coloring of that lovely dude.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Pat K said...

Love the yellow and gray for this handsome fella. Great card Heather.
Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat k

Bernadet said...

What a great card is this Heather.
Awesome colours and papers.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.

Helen said...

Great design and fabulous colouring.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Cindy Groh said...

Cute Card!!

Daphne said...

What a nice card!!!
I like the Colour zo mutch.
Thank you joing the challenge at Cheerful Sketches.