Thursday, June 1, 2023

Swan love

 Happy June 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

I have had this adorable stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh for a long time, at least a year, probably more like 2 years and I have never inked it up until this card!  Can you believe it?  It will definitely NOT be the last time (and I won't wait another 2 years) because it is soooooo sweet.  Absolutely perfect for the anniversary card I needed!  I had some fun with the sketch and the stamp set and created a sweet little scene.  I layered the patterned paper on a piece of white card stock cut to the same dimensions and then I die cut the oval through both layers.  I die cut some waves out of blue patterned paper and adhered them directly to the back of the oval layer.  Then I figured out where that panel would be on the card base and stenciled on some clouds.  I added a second layer of waves directly to the stenciled piece on the card base and then adhered the oval die cut panel over the background with some foam tape for dimension.  Then I tucked in the little swans and the cattails and added the water lily with a piece of foam tape so it was sort of floating in the foreground.  I stamped a heart trio from the same stamp set, colored them with pink markers and added a pit of gold shimmer pen (also to the waterlily) which you can sort of see in the photo below.  
At first I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper layer, but I think it was just slightly off center and it just didn't look right, so I die cut a fishtail banner and stamped the sentiment on it and used the banner to cover up the original sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh "Pond Friends" and MFT "Essential Sentiments"
Dies: Spellbinders "Filigree Delights" oval; MFT "Making Waves"
Punch: Martha Stewart border punch

Challenges:
NBUS #51--anything goes with never before used schtuff (I posted a card a couple days ago using this stamp, but this was actually the first card I made using it.)
Use Your Stuff #484--anything goes
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #628--sketch and optional twist: create a scene













Penny's Challenge #547--anything goes
Sweet Stampin'--Things with Wings
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes










8 comments:

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pies. Sue x

Dena J said...

Love this swan scene even more than the last! Facing each other they make a heart. So Sweet! Thank you for sharing at TSOT.

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a sweet anniversary card, love how you used the oval to make the little scene, and the plaid background is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

kramer_buffy said...

Love the scene, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at TSOT!

-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, what a sweet anniversary card! I REALLY like all the layering you did with our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! The stenciled clouds and all the little details show the love you invested in this lovely card. Thank you so much for sharing your card and how you created it!!! -Donna

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

Darnell said...

This truly is sweet, Heather! Swans are the perfect lovebirds for an anniversary card and they look right at home in the scene you created! I love the gingham pp, too, and I think the banner sediment was a happy accident. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Leanne said...

This is such a great Anniversary Card, love this image, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations