Saturday, June 3, 2023

Cow's It Going

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Tag, You're It!

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Oh, my!!  Isn't this the cutest thing!??  I LOVE this little cow!  I created this tag using my favorite technique for tags: using up scraps!  And these are not just normal scraps, no, no, no, these are the little scraps that attach your patterned papers into the binding of the pack.  (See the photo below.)
The tag die I tend to use is the perfect width to use slightly less than half of these strips of paper.  I added adhesive to the entire tag, layer the strips side to side down the tag and then trim off the excess.  Easy as pie!  I was even able to use two little tiny scraps along the bottom edge!
Then, all I had to do was color and fussy cut the cow, stamp the sentiment on the die cut banner and adhere them both along with some die cut hearts.  I punch a hole at the top and added an eyelet and voila, done!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "The Whole Herd" cow and Cardz TV sentiment (but I couldn't find it in the store)
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" tag die and stitched banner and "Tag Builder #5" little hearts

Challenges:
Use Your Stuff #484--anything goes
Snippets Playground #455--anything goes with snippets













Penny's Challenge #547--anything goes
Creative Fingers #256--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes

12 comments:

Di said...

This is brilliant Heather - clever girl to use those top strips from papers. i agree that the cow is absolutely adorable - and such a fun sentiment as well!

Hugs
Di xx

R's box of dreams said...

Wow! Love the use of the paper strips! And the cow is the cutest !
Renata XX

Sarn said...

Hi Heather

Super use of your little tag strips. I love this really cute tag.

Unfortunately, our rules state that we only allow a 9 other challenges plus ours, making 10 challenges in total. Sorry x

Sarah said...

So cute and what a fab way to use up the tab strips, I have that very pad and you've inspired me!! Thank you for sharing at The Cutie Pies. Sarah DT

Treva said...

Wow, love how you created your really cute tag and now you've inspired me to grab some of my scraps and make tags! Adorable cow and great sentiment, love that paper pad too!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Cow lovely is this?? And cow frugal of you to use the scrap strips from the binding. Nothing wasted! And it’s cute to boot! Delighted to have you in the Krafty Chicks Challenge gallery this week.
Diane - DT

Jana Forrest said...

Heather thank you!!! I have been using the scraps of special paper for a while. Great Idea and really cute with your cow. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

Elizabeth Hart said...

This sparkles with so much crativity and is adoranle. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers challenge

Leanne said...

Nice use of paper and this tag has big time WOW factor, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

ScrappyHorses said...

This is too fun! Love that cow and all the pretty strips of paper! This would be perfect over at Twisted Thursday Challenge where the theme is "Laughter" or AG! Here's the link if interested: https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/2023/06/twisted-thursdays-june-1-july-5.html

Arlene said...

So very cute! What a fun looking cow and I love your use of those little scraps. So glad you joined us this month of using critters at Die Cut Divas..

Gerda said...

OMG!! This tag is so super cute!!! Love all the papers you used and the cow image is so sweet!! I love this tag!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda