Thursday, June 15, 2023

Father's Day times 2!

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Masculine

Here is my card(s) for your inspiration:
I rarely ever make more than one of the same card, because I like doing and trying new things.  But, Father's Day was zooming closer and I still needed cards for my dad and my father-in-law.  When short on time, doing the same steps at the same time makes card making a whole lot faster.  I just got these fun mustache dies from MFT Stamps and since both dads have mustaches, they seemed a fitting focal element.  I used a cream card base to better match the more vintage feel of the patterned papers I used.  I die cut the dotted paper with a stitched rectangle die and the journal paper with a notebook border die.  I then die cut the mustaches out of brown cardstock.  I didn't cut the dies apart yet, so I used a piece of washi tape to hold the die cut pieces in the dies, added adhesive to the backs of the mustaches and then (keeping them in the dies) adhered them to the journal paper.  It was the perfect way to keep everything lined up perfectly!  Then I stamped "Happy Father's Day", adhered all the layers together and voila!  Done!  Two quick, easy and rather fun cards finished in record time!  Here is a closer up shot of just one of the cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: "PaperTrey Ink "World's Greatest"
Dies: MFT "MSTN Mustache Trio" and "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle; Spellbinders "On the Edge" border die

Challenges:
Cards Galore #112--anything goes
NBUS #51--never before used schtuff (first time outing for these mustaches!  I actually only got them a week or two ago--that might be a new record for me!)
Penny's Challenge #548--anything goes
Snippets Playground #456--anything goes with snippets (my mustaches were die cut from scraps--and I remembered NOT to link up to more than 10 challenges this time!  So sorry about that last challenge)
Cupcake Inspirations #571--Father's Day or someone special/masculine



5 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun card! Scribbles Designs has Mustaches as their theme this challenge; come join us if you'd like: http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/06/challenge-121-moustaches.html

Sarn said...

Fabulous masculine cards. Great tip about aligning the dies too.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Join me in the treehouse for Breakfast Club xxx

Di said...

Great cards Heather - and super tip about aligning the die cuts.

Hugs
Di xx

Gerda said...

What a fabulous cards!! Love it!!!
Have a great day,
Gerda.

Koyel Saha Chatterjee said...

Nice work.. thank you so much for your participation in the CRAFTS GALORE ENCORE challenge blog.. ❤️DT KOYEL