Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Unto Us

Happy Valentine's Day!!  That means it's the middle of February and it's time for our mid-month inspiration for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra!
A looooooong time ago, I got a whole bunch of pre-embossed and pre-die cut card bases from someone who was getting out of card making.  I haven't used very many of them, but as part of my use up scraps and bits and pieces personal challenge, I have pulled a bunch of them out and put them near my work desk to remind myself to actually use them.  This is one that I had laying there.  As I said, it was already embossed and the embossing is gorgeous but I just didn't know what to do with it.  I had cut out the center with my craft knife for another card and it just didn't work out, but I thought it would be fabulous for a sentiment matted with a colored card stock.  And it is!!  Since I have had it so long, the base was a little dusty, so I used some creamy caramel ink to give it a vintage feel.  I lightly dragged a gold ink pad across the embossing to bring out the details and add to the theme.  Then I embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder on kraft and matted it with red.  A red bow and it's ready to go!  I hope this inspires you to look at your supplies in a new way, and maybe even get some Christmas cards ready to go.  Hope you will play along with us this month!  It's never to early for Christmas cards. : )

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "For Unto You"

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #124--anything goes
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with a handmade bow
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'--anything goes
Sparkles #73--krafty Christmas
Julia Spiri--I love red
As You Like It--ribbon or lace (I'm definitely a ribbon girl.  I have some lace but I rarely use it.)
Sweet Stampers #4--add a sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown #330--Say it with words


12 comments:

Jane Willis said...

A lovely card and a great rescue of unloved stash, you've really livened up the embossed card. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas
Jane

Marty F said...

Heather, I love how you're using up items from your stash - I also try to use scraps or discards whenever I can. This card base is just gorgeous - how lucky you ended up with it! Your simple sentiment and red bows are the perfect touch and make for a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our Anything Goes & Include a Handmade Bow challenge :-)

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This is so pretty! Very elegant! Thanks for joining with us at Tuesday Throwdown!
hugs

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri and good luck. Wendy DT xx

Kuni said...

A fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Gail said...

Pretty card and I've done the same thing and have to leave stuff out on my table or I forget I have it! The embossed background is lovely and putting the bit of gold on it really makes the embossing stand out. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

Sybrina K said...

Oh, Heather..... This is so pretty! That stash card base makes for a beautiful frame for that lovely sentiment. Thank you for playing along with our kraft challenge at Sparkles Christmas. :)

Dreja said...

Ganz fabelhaft gemacht. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Sandra H said...

This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A Krafty Christmas" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Aurelia Aurora said...

Elegant card.. love your design.. Thank you so much for joining our challenge #29 at Julia Spiri Challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good luck at the draw.. <3 xx ~RoRa

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely card! Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

Mary said...

Very Pretty card. Wonderful use of scraps. Your sentiment framed in red is beautiful. Love the ribbon too. Thanks for entering the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.