Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sweet Lil' Dragon

Oh, my Goodness!!  I just love this sweet little dragon.  So, stikin' cute!  Thursday was a bit snow day for us.  Totaled about 12 inches and then got 3 more last night so I spent the afternoon making Valentine's Day cards.  This one is for my middle little.
 I stamped the dragon on a little scrap of patterned paper and then used a pink marker to shade and add detail.  I used clear wink of stella on her wings and they are so nice and glittery.  Because, of course, a pink dragon needs glittery wings, right?  Then I cute the dragon out and put it on the white circle and added the red hearts.  You can see the sparkle a bit in the picture below.
 Then I finished off the inside with the dragon stamped in a very pale pink and added the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Magical Dragons"; Verve "To the Moon" hearts and "Happy Valentine's Day
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
MFT #319--sketch

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--cute
Crafty Calendar--love is in the air
Through The Purple Haze #118--Love/Valentine
Dragon's Lair Challenge--hearts a flutter
Word Art Wednesday--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Stamplorations CAS challenge--Hot Pink (the wings and scales on the dragon's back)

Alphabet Challenge--X marks the spots or dots (I used a white gel pen to dot the dragon's belly and foot pads)
A Bit More Time To Craft #37--anything goes
In The Pink #112--with love

6 comments:

Kat W said...

This dragon is utterly gorgeous and I love him coloured in pink with sparkly wings! Your CAS design is really sweet :-)
Thanks for joining in our challenge at In The Pink!
Kat x

Caryn said...

Just love this dragon! Very cute card.
Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Cazro said...

A brillianat and pretty dotty card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz.DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your card!
Thank you for sharing with Dragons Lair Designs Challenges!
Susan
DT for Dragons Lair Designs Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Suchi said...

Yes! The dragon is really so cute and your card so adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Heather,this is so adorable card! Love the stamping inside, this should make a nice surprise. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at STAMPlorations February CAS Card Challenge. I am sorry for being late with my comment, catching up today. - Sweet Kobylkin