Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Special

This is my Valentine's Day card for my oldest daughter.  She love horses, and I actually picked this horse image from DRS Designs knowing I would use it on a card for her.  I had forgotten about it until I was digging through a box of stamps (mostly brand new) looking for something else and came across it.  So glad I did.  I decided to give it a western feel and for me that meant some distressing, both with a pair of scissors and some caramel ink.  I added a die cut horseshoe on some rope I had recycled from some packaging or other.  Thought I would end up using it on a nautical card, but it worked perfectly for this.  

Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs horse; Verve "Take Note" sentiment
MFT western charm set--horseshoe

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #268--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Creative Fingers #129--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
C.R.A.F.T. #402--recycle (the twine/rope)
Aud Sentiments #173--Valentine's/love
CardzTV #2--Valentine's Day with sketch (I chose sketch #2)
Di's Digi Designs--include an animal
Simon Says Stamp Monday--use your favorite tool (my favorite tool is definitely my die cutting machine--I barely make a card without using it at least once)




9 comments:

Brenda said...

Heather, what a fabulous card. Girls and horses, something about them, right. I love the rustic feel of the card, so perfect for this wonderful image. Thanks so much for joining us at CARFT Challenge this week!

Borqna said...

Excellent art-work!
Good luck!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
Have a great day.
Gerda.

Jean said...

Great card loving how you have distressed the edges and lovely the use of the twine and the little horse shoe.
Thanks for joining us over at Craft.
Jean DT xx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This is a very special card for your daughter, I am sure she loved it!

The distressed edges add even more interest to this already awesome card!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
x Zoey

Lynda said...

so pretty, love all the designer papers. Thankyou so much for joining us over at Dis Digis for our 'include an animal' challenge Hope you join us again next time Lynda xx

Furrbster said...

Love this card - the background compliments the design really well!

Lovely to see you joining in with our Love theme at Aud sentiments,

hugz Tinz

Sandy said...

Love the papers you've used to showcase your wonderful horse image. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card. I love your choice of colours. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x