Friday, November 6, 2015

Undersea birthday

Yesterday, I posted a birthday card for one of my soon-to-be 7 year-olds.  Today, I have the card for the second one.  I used the same paper pack on both cards, so they sort of tie together, though both are completely different other than that, because, well, the girls are completely different.
I colored up the mermaid with a on ombre look on her tail, darker at the end and lightening up into the torso.  Then I added glitter pen to the fins.  I added Glossy Accents to the balloons to give them shine.

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes
Pattie's Creations #116--birthdays
The Paper Nest Dolls #11--anything goes
Mojo Monday #442--sketch

Simon Says Stamp Monday--so glossy (glossy balloons)
Crafting by Designs--anything goes
Inspiration Destination #58--anything goes
Lacy Sunshine--Once upon a dream/fairy tale

Supplies:
Stamps: A Day For Daisies "Birthday Mermaid"; Verve "Borderline" sentiment
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13"; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large" and "Standard scalloped circles, large"; PTI "By the Numbers"

4 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cutie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Patties Creations.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely endearing card! I love how you created a scene that combines sea-life with birthdays! I can honestly say that this is the first mermaid I've seen who's holding balloons. LOVE THAT! You also included so many great details like the ombre effect of the tail and the shiny look of the balloons. The whole thing turned out perfectly and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such pretty colours.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/
Pauline
x

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge “BIRTHDAYS” at Pattie’s Creations. What a cute image too! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!