Monday, November 23, 2015

Noel Gift Bag

It's my turn to show a Project of the Week over on The House That Stamps Built blog and I'm going to show you how to decorate a plain gift bag.  We held my twins' birthday party this weekend and their uncle gave them gifts in these cute little plain kraft bags.  I snagged one as it was perfect for my project.  Here are the supplies you'll need to create your own:
-Gift bag (whatever size you want)
-card stock and coordinating papers
-dies and white card stock for your focal panel
-stamps (I used Repeat Impressions' "Noel", "Pointsettia" "Hello" and "Thanks" I am also showing "Christmas" but didn't end up using it."

I started by creating my paper layers.  I NEVER measure, so I thought I show you how I make my cuts.  I lay my piece of card stock on top of my gift bag and make sure I have the border I wanted showing around the outside.
 Then I use a pencil to make a mark on the two sides that need to be cut.  You can see my pencil line just above the bottom of the gift bag.  Then I use my paper trimmer to cut along those two lines.  It leaves you with the perfect size paper and no measuring needed!
 I did the same thing with my patterned paper: lay it on the already cut piece of card stock and mark where I want to cut with a pencil.
 After all my layers were cut and adhered together, I moved on to stamping.  I die cut my label,  stamped "Noel" and colored in the poinsettia.
 I also cut a small label to use for my tag, stamped "Poinsettia" and colored it in.  I added gold paint pen to the center to make it pop.
 On the back, I stamped the 'for' from "Thanks" and 'you' from "Hello".
 And here is my gift bag all assembled.  I used pop dots to pop up my sentiment panel and tied on my tag with a scrap piece of ribbon and some twine.
I hop I've inspired you to create your own gift bags.  Thanks for checking out my Project of the Week.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--Christmas
Inspiration Destination #60--anything goes
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday--anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner #46--use scraps (my ribbon is a scrap and all the patterned paper as well as the white card stock are off cuts)
Penny's Paper Challenge #234--anything goes
Addicted To Stamps #171--anything goes
Sugar Pea Designs #22--Home for the Holidays
Crafting by Designs--Times 3 (I used 3 patterned papers and 3 colors: red, white, and green)
Creative Inspiration #336--festive fun
Sweet Stamps--Anything but a card
Aurora Wings #20--anything but cards
YNS #27--sketch
YNSSketch27
East Wind #45--Layer it on me, baby!
Dis Digis--bingo (I used the flowers, ribbon and sentiment column)
Vintage Stamping Challenge #38--traditional Christmas
CAS-ual Chic--precious metals (I used a metal eyelet on my tag and my gold paint pen to color the centers of both poinsettias)
Sweet Stamps--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #338--Christmas present
Brown Sugar #173--anything goes


Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Noel", "Poinsettia", "Thanks" and "Hello"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" fishtail banner and "Designer Labels 4 STAX"
Papers: DCWV Christmas Pack

19 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW, fabulous gift bag! I have a ton of plain ones and never think to decorate one for an occasion! Love this and thanks for the inspiration! :)

Rene said...

What a pretty bag! Thank you so much for sharing his with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at BSC

Hugs
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Unknown said...

This is one funky bag - love it! :)
Have an awesome day...

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Lena said...

Fun and festive gift bag. Love it!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

chanya13 said...

So cute bag. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations :)
Have a beautiful day! Agnieszka

DonnaMundinger said...

What a wonderful transformation. Love your DP's and lovely tag. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

Michelle said...

Hi Heather - great tutorial - thanks for sharing - This is so lovely. Gorgeous colours and design - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

CraftyNatalie said...

Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations this week, great giftbag.
CraftyNatalie - DT

sweet art designs said...

What a lovely gift bag. (almost too nice to give away) Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Neets B said...

Wonderfully put together, what a lovely way to give a gift.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Cute gift bag, love the layers and bright Christmas colors. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a pretty bag! Great way to use the sketch. So happy to see that you got creative with the sketch! Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS.

Karen McAlpine said...

Super nice way to jazz up a plain bag!! Thank you for sharing your creative project with us on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog.

Angie Tieman said...

What a great project and tutorial! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

Thanh Vo said...

I love the fact that you used our sketch to make a bag! Thanks for hanging out with us over at YNS.

hollybeary creations said...

Great use of the sketch.. This is such a cute gift bag! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp.