Sunday, March 4, 2012

Great friends

I have been trying quite hard to make Christmas cards and other "essential" cards (i.e. birthday's coming up or get well cards for someone specific) but when I saw this sketch from Skipping Stones Design #117 I knew I wanted to use the fleur di lis square die as a frame. And what would fit in there better than shoes?! (I so love shoes!) And fittingly, the shoe and sentiment and the sentiment inside the card are from a Skipping Stones Designs set. The stamped panel on the top is also from SSD "Timeless Textures". That might be my absolute favorite stamp right now. It is so elegant and classy. The oval die is from Verve. And if my table wasn't such a mess right now (I'm very neat and organized except when I create then it turns into a disaster.) I would be able to find it's name.

I'm also entering the Clearly Inspired Challenge #47: anything goes and the Paper Variety tic-tac-toe challenge. I chose the column that contained embossing, create a card, use a die cut.



5 comments:

Theresa said...

love this sassy little card! thanks for taking the challenge with The Paper Variety.

wendyp said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones Designs!

Jingle said...

This is just adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable card! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSD! :)

Sandi said...

I LOVE your card and the sentiment ROCKS! Thanks for playing tic-tac-toe with us at The Paper Variety