Friday, March 8, 2024

Winter doesn't last

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Use Spring Colors

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I was looking through my many digital images, hoping to find a crocus to use for this challenge, when I came across this beautiful parrot tulip image from Fred She Said.  I never found a crocus (don't even know if I have one of them as a digi), but the tulip does the job just as well!  The yellow paper was part of a paper pack that was sitting on my desk waiting to be put away and it became the color inspiration for the card.  I die cut the paper with a stitched rectangle die and then ran it through in an embossing folder to give some beautiful texture.  I remembered that I had some ribbons that had originally come with the paper pack as part of a card making kit many, many, many years ago, so I pulled them out and found this matching yellow ribbon.  I did a fun "out of the box" die cutting technique which allows the leaf of the image to pop outside the die cut rectangle.  I finished it off with an encouraging sentiment and some clear dew drops.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Fred She Said "Parrot Tulip" digi; Verve "Beautiful You" sentiment
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle and Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle
Cuttlebug embossing folder

Challenges:
Penny's Challenge #566--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday--bright & cheerful
Cards Galore #121--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #84--anything goes
Die Cut Divas--anything goes













Paper Shelter #586--in the garden
Double D--first signs of spring



16 comments:

Treva said...

Heather,

Nothing says Spring like a tulip and you showcased it well with the embossing and ribbon!

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Larelyn said...

This is lovely and the perfect color for spring. I love the "out of the box" cutting technique.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Alyson Mayo said...

Super pretty with a very soft colour scheme - lovely :)

anne said...

This is a beautiful card Heather and perfect for spring. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Kathie said...

I love your Tulip card, Heather, I was sent a bouquet of flowers on Friday and it was full of closed buds ready to open, today I have a beautiful vase of peachy orange Tulips. I love that technique of outside the die, it was so fashionable a few years ago but it's amazing and I try to use it where I can as I love that look so natural. This is a lovely card, Heather thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Birgit said...

Your spring tulip is so pretty and I love the simple color scheme you've used. The sentiment is lovely as well! Thanks for linking up to Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty tulips one of my favorite flowers in the spring.
Have a great day,
Gerda

Lori Podolsky said...

Wonderful details and beautiful card, Heather. So glad you joined our latest challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant design.

Helen x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a sweet parrot tulip, Heather - just love the texture from the embossing folder behind it along with the ribbon strips! So glad you shared this with us at Die Cut Divas!!

Carrianne said...

Delightful card! Love the soft yellow and that embossing folder! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Ina G said...

Beautiful tulip Heayher. Great sentiment and great background.

Arlene said...

Lovely card. I really like the tulip with the leave outside the panel. Lovely indeed.

So glad you joined our "Anything Goes" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Dewi Lestari said...

So beautiful! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #586 In The Garden
Hugs
Dewi

ScrappyHorses said...

What a great quote with his lovely image! Such a perfect background framing it! Yellow is such the perfect Spring color!

Andree said...

A pretty card. The soft colour palette and lovely tulip are wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck! x