Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Shine on us

The last year or two, I have saved some commercial Christmas cards that we have received from other people because they are just too pretty to throw away.  From time to time, I get a chance to use pieces of those cards to create other cards.  It's so easy and fun that it seems like cheatin!  But I guess it is really no different than using a pre-printed image or topper.  Anyway, I was cleaning up my crafting area and thought it might be fun to just randomly use some of the things that were on my desk rather than putting them away.  I started with this blue card base; it was already cut to size I just had to score it.  Then I went looking for a blue themed Christmas card from my stash and I found this one.  The picture is so large that at first I wasn't sure I would be able to add a sentiment without covering up a big portion of the image.  Then I came upon the genius idea of heat embossing the sentiment directly onto the image.  I first die the the part of the image I really wanted with a stitched rectangle die.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder and it turn out sooooo beautiful!!  I wasn't sure how it would emboss on the shiny surface, but it is perfect!
I really wanted to be able to reuse the sentiment as well, so I added it to the inside along with the rest of the tree from the front of the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Beyond Measure"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Paper Funday #62--anything goes with the optional twist of no patterned paper
Creative Knockouts #515--die cuts/punches/stencils
Krafty Chicks #704--all occasions
Creative Fingers #272--anything goes

1 comment:

The Crafty Den said...

A beautiful card Heather and the perfect way to recycle old cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x