Friday, February 9, 2024

Lion Love

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Have a Heart

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Oh, my goodness!!  Isn't this little lion the cutest!!??  I'm working on my Valentine's Day cards and this is the first one completed.  It's a bit of an unusual color scheme with the yellow, but I'm working on a batch with several different patterned papers and the yellow makes more sense with some of them than with others.  The background was created with a stencil from Simon Says Stamp; it's perfect for Valentine's Day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "YUZU Lovely Lions"; Verve "Text Objects" love
Dies: MFT "Stitched Heart STAX" and "Tag Builders 5" small hearts
Fiskars "Apron" border punch
Simon Says Stamp "Hearts and Stars" stencil

Challenges:
Make My Monday #218--use patterned paper
Penny's Challenge #564--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #708--love/Valentine's Day
Creative Knockouts #514--Love/Valentine's Day/Anniversary
As You Like It --digital or physical stamps and why (I soooo prefer physical stamps!  I love being able to stamp them wherever I want on a card.  Also, I'm not super tech savvy when it comes to using digi stamps, so I don't know how to do a lot of the fancy things with them.  I do like being able to resize the image, but I was a whole lot more paper and the images don't always end up being the size I wanted.  Plus, I have soooo many physical stamps and I love the ease of using them)
Sweet Stampin'--Valentine's or Galentine's Day
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday--fun with stencils

11 comments:

Carrianne said...

Such an adorable card . Love your design and patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Have a great weekend!

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww - such a cute lion with his heart! Love it :)

Billie A said...

Cute card and fun design. thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

lichazul said...

Cute card, congrats 😊💐 happy week

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your lion is so sweet and cute too, a super card Heather. x

Patsy Long said...

Such an adorable card. Love the design and image. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge. Best of luck with your entry. Patsy DT

Paula said...

So very sweet and the yellow looks great!

MeSi said...

So adorable! Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again!

Helen said...

That little lion is certainly cute! Love your card.

Helen x

Ina G said...

Awesome Heather. Love that cute lion and what an amazing layout full of hearts and pretty papers.

Larissa said...

Very cute card. Love the cute lion. Thanks so much for joining us at the Ayli challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa