Monday, March 11, 2024

Spring poppies

 Hello, everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  The theme is: Flora or Fauna.  I am using an image from our fabulous sponsor: Polkadoodles and I chose to use both flora and fauna.

 Here is my card:
Now, I know that these flowers are poppies, and in the Northeast, at least, poppies are not spring flowers.  But I colored them up in a light pink, and we can pretend they are a spring flower.  The little fox is wearing his spring scarf, because it can still be chilly here in the spring.  This image is really large and I wanted to show off some of the patterned paper, so I die some out of the box die cutting, allowing the flowers to stand tall but keeping the image panel much smaller.  All the papers where from a paper pack I have had for AGES and it was sitting on my desk since my daughter had just given it back to me.  Last week I decided to have a little fun and try to use some of the stuff that was on my desk before putting them away.  I added a little bit of die cut grass to the bottom of the image and some silver stickles to the centers of the flowers for some sparkle.  I finished it all off with a die cut "Hello" that I die cut twice and layered together, and then added some light pink pearls.
You have all month to play along.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Polkadoodles "Poppy Flowers--Autumn Fox" digi
Dies: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps grass border die; MFT smartphone die "hello" and "Blueprints 12" square (I used it for the outside the box technique and then trimmed the square down further with my trimmer)

Challenges:
Fab n Funky Challenge #590--favorite colors (pink and green are not my favorite colors, but for some reason, they are my favorite colors to use when making cards.  I think it's because they go so well together in nature.)
Penny's Challenge #566--anything goes
Cards Galore #121--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #84--anything goes













613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: diamonds or pearls
Beautiful Blossoms--anything goes













Triple B Challenge--anything goes with birds, butterflies, or blooms









The Paper Shelter #586--in the garden
Craft Rocket #112--for the girls
Paper Funday #63--anything goes with the optional twist: the DIES have it

12 comments:

Card Creator said...

Love this layout and your card design....this is the perfect combination! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
~Tamara

Ilonka said...

A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challlenge.
Ilonka DT

Kathie said...

Oh Heather your card is so pretty, I love Iceland Poppies. There are different varieties of Iceland Poppies, Poppies are planted in Flanders Field in Belgium they are red, and self-seeded and flower every year. They were planted after WW1. Each year here in New Zealand on 25th April which is ANZAC day which stands for Australia, New Zealand Army Corps which is the national day of remembrance of all wars. People wear Red Poppies made of heavy red paper or have enamel broaches. Also, there are Opium Poppies that are grown for drug companies, the Opium seeds are used in the manufacture of drugs.
Now after a history lesson. I love your card and what you did with your image, it's so pretty and that fox is adorable. Great card as always thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Chris said...

You made great use of the sketch to create this lovely card Helen.
Love the image with the cute fox and poppies and your pink/green colour combo is beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

Lori Podolsky said...

Your card is simply adorable, Heather. Love it! So glad you joined our latest challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Diane said...

Very cute and just as pretty, my poppies used to bloom around father's day here but now they bloom in May and are long gone by June, so I guess you can say they ARE Spring flowers, here anyways lol!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!
Diane BB DT and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Donna Walls said...

Great images, colors and coloring. I like that sketch too, I rely on sketched quite often so this one is going on my list. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and please share again soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, love the poppies!
Thanks for joining the SheepSkiDesign challenge!!

Vic said...

Beautifully coloured and put together - eyecatching! Thanks for sharing with us at Pattie's Creations this challenge - Vic, DT x

KathyA. said...

What a sweet card! The color scheme and your coloring are both wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the Sheepski Designs Challenge Blog. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love your coloring, Perfect take on the sketch.

Carole J said...

Such a pretty card, Heather. LOve the images and the unusual card design. Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations