Monday, August 14, 2023

Remembering

Hello, everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  The theme is: No Line Coloring (of course, you are always welcome to play along using the Anything Goes option).  I am using an image from one of our fabulous sponsors: Sheepski Designs.

 Here is my card:
I think I have only ever attempted No-Line Coloring once before and I was not really a fan of how it turned out.  BUT, I think this image turned out quite lovely, if I do say so myself!  My stems need a little work, but the poppies themselves are gorgeous!!  (Most of that goes to the artist, Andrea, as the image itself is just stunning!)  I wanted a bold background that matched the colors in the image, so I created my own using a poppy layering stamp set from Hero Arts.  Even though most of it is covered up, I think it makes the perfect background.  I used some oldie but goodie embellishments: a bit of dark green mulberry paper to mat my image panel, a small piece of red ribbon that was just the right size AND finishes up the roll, and some tiny rhinestone gems.  The image is definitely the star of the show and I didn't want the embellishments to take away from its beauty.  I added a "thinking of you sentiment' so it can be used for a variety of occasions.
You have all month to play along.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Sheepski Designs "Poppies" digi; Verve "Take Note" sentiment; Hero Arts Layering Poppy set that seems to be no longer in stock
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics 2" rectangle

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #608--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Cards Galore--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #77--your favorite things (stamps, die cuts, ribbon and jewels!!)
The Paper Funday #56--anything goes with the optional twist: great outdoors
Triple B--anything goes with birds, butterflies AND/OR blooms
Di's Digi Designs--load on the flowers
A Gem of a Challenges--anything goes
Creative Fingers #260--anything goes

7 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card Heather, the poppies are stunning. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Furrbster said...

This is a fantastic card with stunning colouring,

Hugz Tinz

KathyA. said...

Amazing card! I want to touch those blossoms that look velvety soft... just like the real thing! TFS (Kathy A at myasperations)

Donna Walls said...

I think your coloring came out absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Sari / Granne said...

Your no-line coloring is stunning, love the bright red poppies you have created. Thank you for joining us at the 114# Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful work, Heather! xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous!