Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Little cutie

Happy August 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

July is one of our very busy family birthday months.  We have 5 birthdays and 1 anniversary!  As I was looking through my stash of never before used stamps, I came across this sweet little elephant and knew I HAD to use her!  The card is pretty straight forward except, I took a little strip of paper leftover from the background paper and stamped the bow from the image on it.  Then I fussy cut it out and paper pieced it onto the bow on the image on my card.  It is such a great way to added pattern and interest and it makes her even more cute!  The flowers were die cut and I added some color with my markers, then added some blue gems in the centers.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 12" flowers

Challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #257--sketch (I was too late, the linky had already expired)













NBUS--never before used schtuff (this is the first outing for the little elephant!)
Di's Digi Stamps--animals acting like humans
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
The Paper Shelter--summer challenge, anything goes
As You Like It--Favorite: ginghams or florals (my favorite would be florals.  I'm not much of a gingham person but I do think florals are good for almost any feminine card.  Big flowers, little flowers, die cut flowers, stamped . . . it's all good to me!)
Krafty Chicks #674--all occasions


3 comments:

Darnell said...

Hi Heather! (I thought I left a comment here, but I don't see it; sorry if this is a duplicate.) I think your elephant birthday card is just the sweetest! I love the way you made her bow from the colorful and pretty pp! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pattie G said...

What a cute image! I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

anne said...

I love this card Heather, those papers are so pretty. Sorry you were too late for SSW2, it's a lovely take on the sketch.
Hugs
Anne x